the Rift

[DROP] SWP :: A CHANGE IN THE WEATHER :: [WATER DROP]

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
His heart constricts as Isopia moves towards the sea, and an involuntary twitch ripples across his hard muscles as he fights the urge to go after her. Is she mad? She, rational Isopia, analytical to the point of coldness? It is simple raw instinct to try and protect her, even though he's seen firsthand that she doesn't need protecting; he finds himself readying his body to enter the water should the Mountain appear to be in trouble.

@Albrecht speaks, and the leviathan cannot help his grin at the man's words. "You're right there," he rumbles. It is sheeplike behaviour to enter the water so swiftly without a care - Volterra is not the sort for self-preservation, but nor is he the sort for utter lemming-esque stupidity either.

He suddenly feels something collide with him, and turns immediately in preparation to retaliate should it be an invitation to battle. It is simply an unknown mare, though, and she quickly apologises for her mistake. A grunt of acknowledgement leaves him as his crimson gaze rests upon the horned form of @Raeden . "They seem to trust him implicitly, but I cannot comprehend why. Perhaps I am simply being overly cynical, but it strikes me as rank stupidity to blindly trust a beast who has shown absolutely nothing to indicate that he has our best interests at heart." One ear flicks idly as he watches the water. Isopia is a clever girl; for her to follow, there must be something deeply alluring about the ocean. She must have her reasons for entering the water - he certainly doesn't count her amongst the legions of other fools who have followed Kisamoa's command.

@Aithniel remarks that someone has to think, and the stallion nods his agreement. His eyes linger on the bronze form of Hubris, and his heart constricts with memories. It is a miracle that his own dragons are off hunting and thus not with him, because he is quite sure that Vadir would make her feelings about the bronze known. This is no time to cause a scene. Hubris seems to be indicating that everything is alright, and the behemoth allows his tense muscles to relax an iota.

He looks around for Tyrath and sees him stood with a pretty mare - a wolfish grin spreads across his jaws, pleased to see that his son seems to have inherited his easy rapport with the ladies. @Tyrath wanders back over towards his parents, and with another odd twitch of the leviathan's heart, he realises this is the first time the three of them have been together at the same time. Almost like...a family. It is an odd sensation, one that spreads and glows through him - it reminds him of the pride he felt when Tyrath helped fight the wolves, and he allows it to spread freely through him like the warm fingers of sun on a winter's day. The colt points out that the seaweed is now gone, so the land-bound horses can no longer follow their brethren even if they wanted to. "I suppose we'll soon see what the creature's intentions are. I merely pray it does not come at the cost of the lives of those who have followed him to the depths." A troubled expression flits across the beast's eyes; he cares not a jot about the lives of the plethora of others who have entered the water save Isopia.

volterra
vérzés & vadir

coloring & coding credit

Vol is just here to watch!

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: A CHANGE IN THE WEATHER :: [WATER DROP] - by Volterra - 10-30-2016, 10:23 AM