the Rift

[OPEN] Decisions

Caenan Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4 Years (Ages in OrangeMoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
TierRen

The pirate stood at the border with wind ripping at his figure; still he stood steady.

One hoof in.
Three out.

His steady stance did not extend to his inner turmoil.

Why should I return? Caenan had taken leave of the Edge after being stripped of title. The rogue had leapt at an opportunity for tossing aside responsibilities no longer his. He had always been torn between the sea and his 'duties'. A crooked smirk came to him at the thought. Was there ever a question in where most of my time went?

Caenan understood Tembovu's decision. But why did he never seek me out? Caenan had trained his body intensely; he had rebuilt what the sickness had taken. Even now his body rippled with muscle it had not before. Did he ever take notice of what I did do? Caenan frowned. His distrust of authority ran deep-- it was in his bloodline. Or only what I did not? The pirate felt as though he had been let down by the king that he had given a chance.

But it was not the desire for position that brought Caenan back.
It was not the desire to please Tembovu.

Caenan was unsure of why he returned--
Until he realized that he scanned the land before him for one face.

One face in the many made him return.
One face in the many made him want to make a home.

Only one made him want to be more than what he was.

Coding by Neverrmind @ DA

I could not think of why Caenan would have ditched his duties IC, besides the obvious; he is a beach bum. So he just sort of went on vacation and enjoyed having no one to tell him what to do. But as is usual for him, he is torn between just wanting to shirk all responsibilities and by being lonely. The loneliness is winning out so he is just creeping on the World's Edge border.

@Tembovu and @Naerys were mentioned.
[Image: caenan_pixel_by_danjahmouse-d9wbjhj.gif]

Anzanie Posts: 86
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 :: Ages in Orangemoon
Danjah
The ivory and chestnut fae was back in the borders, her duties still shirked but her mind coming to terms with the whirlwind it was being subjected to. Still the same empty bodice that had wandered within Helovia's wilds, she found sanctity by stepping over the border and feeling that perhaps being in the Edge was a good reason to get back on track with her life. Perhaps starting over was best?

But whilst she was coming to this decision she felt compelled to step to one side and take a glance over her shoulders, one last look at the border to make sure that she was where she thought she truly belonged. And in the corner of her pale pools she spotted the dark figure of a brute, not one she recognised. His mudded pelt was laden with lighter points and a dagger-like horn, not one that she had ever seen before. But judging by the fact that he was hovering around the Edge's border she assumed he was friendly enough. Is he thinking the same as me? she thought as she wondered about her future. Was this brute in the same position?

Perhaps rather recklessly she bounded over, a figment of her original self when she had first stepped foot in these lands, younger and much less troubled. Which is funny for an abandoned soul. With her energy she quickly found herself within speaking distance of the brute, close enough that there was no need to shout but further enough away that she didn't appear like she had just been released from an institution, just that little bit too close for comfort. With her high pitched voice she politely spoke to the soul that looked like he was so troubled,
"If you like, we can make the move back into the Edge," she tried to be humorous, not quite knowing where this would get her, but she decided to continue, "I find it's going to be hard to but it needs to be done," she felt the smile drying up as she found no other reason to be back. Tembovu should have been there with open arms for her in her own sad little mind, but she knew that her King would never be inclined to do that... So she was alone for now.

" . "
A prisoner of my paradox, heaven or hell?
and the fun continues yay!

image | [u0
0rl=http://abbie1234.deviantart.com/]coding[/url]

@Caenan Hope you don't mind me crashing! Pretty much like Caenen, Anz is going through the same thing <3
[Image: K9UH30N5.gif]
Please tag Anzanie in all posts! ♥

Naerys Posts: 86
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 3 :: Tallsun HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Petyr :: Bornean Green Magpie :: Ashen Rottie
naerys
There isn't a day that goes by without a certain pirate crossing her mind in some fashion. Although the thoughts aren't always positive ('is he off with some other girl?') but they typically stemmed from some sort of deeper, warmer, good feelings (love?). Either way, his presence is very sorely missed. She finds herself easily distracted, lacking the intense focus of her childhood and the miniscule amount of sleep she'd had before has since dropped off drastically. Every time she closes her eyes, every fucking time, she sees his bright eyes and charming grin. But he isn't always looking at her, sometimes he's looking at someone else and those are the moments that hurt the worst.

No. Not the worst.

The worst part is that none of these feelings make any sense at all.

Naerys holds no claim over the pirate. They've talked a few times and sure, the chemistry between them is unreal, but she's been down this road before (Rowtag, that sexy little thief) and it hasn't ever been this intense before. The desire to steal him and run away to a remote, empty island is unusually strong. Naerys may not know him well but she sure as hell doesn't want to share.

Perhaps the main difference is that now she's two years old. Now, for the purposes of most Helovian activities, she's an adult. Which means that the adult hormones have kicked into overdrive leaving her a an oddly emotional mess (the flirty, sexual urges are completely and utterly relentless). His absence had left her quiet and rather reclusive, avoiding interaction as often as possible except when necessary and then she'd grown sullen.

It is Petyr who spies him first. The vibrant green bird frequently flew ahead, patrolling the Edge like he is one of the warriors. So when his voice breaks the silence across their bond, she nearly jumps in surprise. "He's back." Petyr says. He's back. He. And suddenly her heart begins to flutter rather rapidly. Fluttering from excitement just as much as from anxiety.

But Naerys isn't one to back down or completely avoid her issues (flee from them for a time? sure.) So the brown and white lady mare follows Petyr's trail rather easily - quickly finding Caenan's familiar face. But it isn't his face that holds her attention, at least not for long. Soon her teal eyes drift lower, down over his beautifully muscled physique. Heat rises in her unbidden, flushing her cheeks and halting her in her tracks. Shit shit shit. He really is here. But why did he leave? And he looks better than she ever remembered. And why didn't he take me with him? She inhales slowly, desperate to steady her breath and her heartbeat. I would have gone with him.

I would have gone.

By the time she regains her composure enough to will her hooves to move, he isn't alone anymore. Once more she pauses, feeling her fragile soul being torn between sorrow and jealousy. "Go see him." Petyr murmurs in her mind, overshadowing the turmoil of her own thoughts running rampant. With a trail of purple and white blooms in her wake, she slides expertly through the trees to stand before Caenan. "You're back." she says softly, her sweet voice strained from the conflicting emotions. I missed you. Half of her wants to be angry with him; to yell and scream, to shove him away in both the literal and figurative sense. But the other half wants to fling herself at him and embrace him the way lovers do after long absences. "Where did you go?" And why didn't you take me with you?

I would have gone...
If you'd only asked.

musonart!

@Caenan @Anzanie
Sorry she didn't really acknowledge Anz. Girl's got a one track mind apparently. D: Also, Caenan does wonderful things for my Nae muse - she could have gone on for days.

IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

[Image: 2PHncqI.gif]

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag naerys in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.