the Rift

keep your eyes open [Open]

Melissa Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

With the huge wings folded by her sides, she trotted through the dry landscape. 'So this is the Throat...' the mare thought, carefully observing her surroundings. She had no clue where Hector had gone, but he had left her for the moment, which drove her to exploring by herself.
Her bay colored coat shone in the late sunlight, making her rather chestnut than light brown.
The mare sighed and stopped for a moment. The long locks of dark hair stroked her black toned legs, moving with her legs as she started to walk again.
Where were the others that Hector had spoken of? All the winged equines like her and the horned ones... She didn't see anyone.

Mel stretched out her wings for a short moment, feeling the muscles ache. The flying from the Treshold had been easy, but she hadn't flown in weeks before that.
A small sigh of pain was heard from her pink-dotted lips as she stretched her wings to the fullest, only to let them hang by her sides. The mare didn't have the energy for the moment to fold them correctly by her sides.
She slung her finely carved head and snorted. Where had Hector gone? Wasn't he supposed to guide her to the herd?

"I hope I do find someone soon. I've had enough of loneliness for now..." she said quietly to herself. She had been alone for almost 3 years before she met the hybrid stallion, and that was good enough.
Melissa was 9 years old now, as she had aged in the Tallsun this year. That was old for a mare, at least in her homeland. She slung her head again - she didn't have a homeland anymore. This was her new home.
Helovia.
'Such a strange but beautiful name to give to a land like this. And the areas... Dragon's Throat. Were there dragons here before?' The Arabian lost herself in her thoughts, not observant of what was happening around her.

Word count: 330
OOC: You're free to reply! :D

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
Think, think, think.

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona
L E A N D E R
After all you fell in love with death

Resting on the breeze, the bronzed form glided into view. Being in the sky was soothing. It was hard for anything to bother him when looking down at the land from such heights. Thoughts of Faelene were still lingering at the back of his mind, but he'd relinquished himself to the fact that they would probably always be there. One day, he would either have to decide to love her aimlessly, or force himself to move on. But not today. For now, he would let himself drift over the sands of the Throat and think about what might be.

Gold eyes glimpsed an ochre form, glinting in the afternoon sun. Flying closer to the earth, he watched the girl spread her wings. She was a pretty, feminine thing. Pools widened as the mare spoke to herself, it seemed. Leander's umber wings shifted, letting him drop to the ground heavily. Hooves met dry soil with more noise than he would have liked, but being quiet wasn't easy for the draft. "Hello miss." He greeted, dipping his tawny crown respectfully. "I'm Leander. I couldn't help overhearing you." A soft smile fell on his lips, though his face seemed to hold a persistent sadness since his meeting with Faelene. He studied the bay, intrigued by her bi-colored eyes. He had met a few others with the trait, and it always sparked his interest. He had to look down at her, of course, dainty little thing she was. Judging by her scent, she was likely a member of the Throat already. "I would be glad to keep you company for a while. I know a thing or two about loneliness myself." Friendly chords offered from his grinning maw. It was amazing how well he could mask the sorrow and frustration. But his problems would do this girl no good. The stallion expected no sympathy. The foolish heart within his chest was his own to account for.

Unregistered

The loud noise made the mare jump, and her thoughts stopped immediately. A stallion had landed in front of her, one with a beautiful palomino coat. His wings were dark brown and his eyes...
Mel almost stared. His eyes had a golden tone, surrounded by white markings on both sides. But...
He was huge!
The Arabian had to raise her head and look up just to look him in the eyes. He had to be at least 30 centimeters taller than her. Then she realized that he spoke to her.
"Hello miss, I'm Leander. I couldn't help overhearing you."
Well, this was embarrassing. Mel blushed a bit, looking down. But she didn't look down for long without meeting his glance.

"Hello, Leander. My name is Melissa..." She listened to his next words. Some company wouldn't be that wrong...
She tilted her head a bit and blinked slowly at the stallion, only to take a few steps closer. 'I wonder if he's in love with someone already... Such a handsome stallion as he must have a mate.' It was clear what Mel's thoughts had turned into as her eyes got a flirty shine in them.
"But you can call me Mel. You're more than welcome to keep me company, handsome." Her voice turned surprisingly soft and the seductive tone was hard to miss.

Limits were nothing that this mare had heard of, as she wasn't able to not flirt with every stallion that she thought was handsome. This was almost every stallion in her eyes.
She only disliked the flirting part when the stallion took the first step, since she wanted to have control over her lovelife.
Her long mane moved gently as the mare stepped closer to Leander, almost causing problems for her front legs. The big wings were folded neatly against her sides, since she wanted to look as beautiful as possible for the palomino.

"Say, Leander...", the mare whispered and smiled at him. She turned around, making her rump and tail visible for his eyes, and glanced back at him.
"Do you have a mate? Just asking, curiosity you know," she giggled, and moved her tail to tease him a bit.
Melissa hadn't been with a stallion in that kind of way since she was 4 or 5, which was a good while ago. The mare missed the feeling of someone loving her a little...
The mare started to walk away from him, slowly though, and hoped that he would follow her.

Word count: 414
OOC: I lost my fantasy on the way home, sorry >.>

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
Think, think, think.

Hidden Account
Epona
L E A N D E R

Just when you thought life couldn't get any more complicated, it did. He halted, watching the petite maiden stare. He was getting quite used to being stared at by now, but not usually by those of his kind. This girl was winged and had surely seen other pegasi before. Most likely, she was intimidated by his height, or maybe just surprised at the quick company she'd gotten. The tawny buck had to stifle a chuckle as the delicate mare gazed up at him. His desire to laugh dissipated as the mare approached him and continued to speak. Handsome?

He had always been cordial to ladies, but his past as a rogue left him with more fighting experience than mare savvy. In fact, his encounter with Faelene was the most affection he'd ever seen. The dual painted gaze of the damsel held his eyes with a sense of desire. A dazed smile found it's way on to his dark lips, though his mind whirled. He almost held his breath as she got even closer before turning her slender bodice around. She couldn't have known that her next words would be hard for him to process, but they were.

A mate? What constituted as one? Surely his misplaced longing for Faelene didn't make her his mate, right? But she had promised him time, if only he would wait for her. A pained sigh flowed from his maw as his white ringed pools lingered on the bay. He felt his loyalty to Faelene, remembered the look in her eyes that betrayed her words. The sienna hued dove before him was undoubtedly beautiful, but would she really make him forget about Faelene? "No, I don't have a mate, love. But you could say my heart has fallen for the wrong one." Deep chords rose below his saddened brow, this time the sorrow was quite clear despite the pet name he gave the doe. He didn't want to bother this girl with his problems, but he expected she'd ask more about them. Feathered limbs trailed after her, almost of their own accord. He was mortal after all, and the touch of another was a pleasure. Letting his body win a small victory over his conflicted heart, Leander let his soft muzzle trail along Melissa's hip as he moved along her side. "What about you? Such a breathtaking beauty must have a stallion waiting for her somewhere." Warm tones inquired, wondering if the long locked dame's love belonged to another.

[ooc: xD That's okay]

Unregistered

Mel gasped quietly and glanced back at the palomino. Wrong one? But he said that he didn't have a mate, so it would probably be okay.
Even though the sad tone in his voice made her attentive. The mare felt compassion for his unlucky love, but smiled in hope to get his thoughts elsewhere.
"I'm sorry for your unlucky love, darling." She re-used her thought, feeling sorry for the handsome stallion. Her long tail still teasingly moving in front of him, and she heard his hooves on the dry ground as he followed her. 'Excellent,' she thought, making way for her erotic side.

The mare giggled, trying to make the stallion feel better, and sighed in pleasure when she felt his muzzle moving on her brown hip. It had been forever since anyone touched her like that. It was probably silly of her to feel a simple touch in that kind of way, but like said before: It had been forever since last time.
She soon saw him going up by her side, listening to his question.
"What about you? Such a breathtaking beauty must have a stallion waiting for her somewhere."
Stallion? Where?

Melissa almost felt like giggling again, but resisted for now. Her dual colored orbs looked at him. He was surely beautiful for being a stallion - in her eyes - and she wouldn't mind him touching her like that again.
"You're a real prince Charming, aren't you, dear Leander?" The mare blinked at him and giggled.
"No, I don't have any stallion that's waiting for me. I've not been with anyone the last three years."
Her voice had toned into a more sensual tune, every part of her small body participating in the words.
She stopped to observe his reactions. Would he think that she was desperate?

Word count: 301
OOC: Damn over-sexual mare. I love having different personalities for my chars xD

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
Think, think, think.

Hidden Account
Epona
L E A N D E R

Leander could only continue to smile as the bonny girl gasped. Was she surprised at his profession of love life trouble? Her apology was sweet, but she didn't question him further. The lovely little bay seemed more interested in the present. Still, morals dictated that he tell her more about his problems at some point. He did not want to break anyone's heart, not like his was already being broken. Ears pricked at the lady's sigh. The charger let his golden side brush against her own pelt. Her soft warmth against him was comforting, despite the doubts in his head.

The girl's next few statements caught his attention more. Three years was a long time. Had she only had a romantic fling then, or had she already mothered a foal? What would come of their tryst here, if they were not careful? He let his sooty maw brush Melissa's velvet nape before pulling himself away only slightly. "I'm sorry you've been alone for so long, love. You're very, very beautiful." Bronze pools met her multi-hued eyes, sadness falling back over his face. "And I do not want to end up hurting you. I must meet with the mare I told you of, and I do not know if I will ever see her again after that. I cannot promise you anything but my company right now, though I wish I could offer you more." His gaze fell down to his feathered hooves. He wished he could just forget Faelene, abandon any care for her and move on here and now. But it would not be so, for his stubborn conscience would always carry guilt if he hurt this sweet girl. The gold stag let his lips touch her cheek, taking in her intoxicating scent for a moment longer. Hopefully she would understand.

[ooc: I know what you mean! Leander is uber noble x3]

Unregistered

The bay pegasus thought that she had the stallion around her hoof, but no. Words that he spoke told her something else. She turned her head and looked at him.
"Yes, three years is a long time. I've been travelling and haven't had the time to meet someone... Like you." She blinked at him, flashing her black eyelashes.
Melissa looked down as he continued to speak.
"Oh... Well, Leander, you're a gentleman who tells me this." She really thought he was. No other stallion would've told her something like this. But after all, no one had turned her down like this either.

"Your company is enough for me, then." Her voice got soft and she smiled at him. Leander was a handsome stallion, even though he didn't think so himself.
Mel felt his muzzle against her cheek and sighed. If only he hadn't been in love with another, then she would've been busy by now.
Hopefully.

The mare closed her eyes and whispered:
"I do hope you solve your heart's problems, dear Leander. You're very sweet."
She raised one of her wings and let it rest on the stallion's back, to drive him closer to her body. It was the comfort for the heartache that she could offer right now.

Word count: 210
OOC: Sorry for the wait ^^' I've been kinda busy..

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
Think, think, think.