the Rift

[PRIVATE] doctors orders

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
[Image: tilnenfanir_by_neverrmind-dalndcz.png]
Wishing he didn't care about Calstron and how he was healing was an impractical way to spend an afternoon.
As Tilney tended to some ferns in the greenhouse he constantly found his mind lingering back to that godforsaken stallion, hoping that he was healing yet still managed to slither out of the Edges back door. Maybe it was just a doctors worry to care for his patients wellbeing, no matter who they were. It was strange for Tilney on the other hand, given his attitude towards the pegasus the night before.

Apologies to Evangeline were in order for his brash attitude, and also a great thanks for understanding him. He would also make sure she knew he understood her also, and that he was wrong on some counts.
Tallis must be thankted also, for damn near saving him. If that horn had plunged anywhere near his heart it would of caused irreversible damage, the kind maybe Mother Moon might not be able to reverse. The little dragon was quite the hero.

With his head full of regrets, promises and small talk the Moon Doctor went about his business in the gardens. There were dead plants to be disposed of over the edge for example, Orangemoons frost having burned them right out of their lock in the soil. Another job he might tend to was the weeds that sprouted and aimed to choke the plants they actually wanted to grow.  

At the days end, just before sundown, Tilney decided he would stay back a while longer and hoped that Evangeline might come by; they needed to have words.

♥︎

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

The autumn months were often Evangeline's favorite time of the year, not only because the weather was crisp and cool, giving a much needed reprieve after Tallsun's heat, but because it was quite beautiful. As a foal she had marveled at the way the leaves changed color from vibrant green to brilliant shades of orange, gold, and red. The biggest problem she had, though, was that the plants would begin to wither and die because that was what plants did in Orangemoon. It would leave the garden barren come spring and she and the rest of the healers would have to replace the plants that had died.

As she thought about it she made her way toward the garden to see how the plants were faring. Once the snow came she would make a trip north, where the plants where hardier and harvest a few to bring back to the Edge to keep and use. It would probably be a good idea for her to bring either a nurse or another Moon Doctor with her so they could gather as many as possible because she and Tallis could only hold so much.

It was nearing sundown by the time the orange mare made it to the garden and it was no surprise that she found Tilney there. "Hello, Tilney." She greeted the other healer. It hadn't been that long since they'd healed the pegasus stallion on the Edge's borders, but she'd meant to seek him out and speak to him sooner. She sighed softly, her head turning as she looked to the garden that was already beginning to show the effects of Orangemoon. 

"I mean to make a trip north and gather some plants when the snows come." She informed Tilney. "I think we could use some that are more inclined to thrive in harsh weather. Once spring comes we'll replace what we've lost." A soft trill her her lifting her head and looked upward and as she did Tallis glided past and disappeared into the trees. "I've also thought about tending small fires around the garden to try and keep the plants warm and the snow at bay, but I doubt that'll work."

Evangeline the Pure
lairelark

@Tilney

The late stay prooved fruitful when The Pure approached the garden where Tilney stood. A smile cast over his countenance for his colleague, still anxious to hear what she had to say on the subject of Calstron; it would wait however, they could speak of things more cheerful first. Hello she said said, humbly and kind.
"Evangeline, How do you fare?"

His question was quite genuine, not his out of politeness. How did she fare after that strange night? Tilney hoped it hadn't damaged any relationship Evangeline might of had with the sneak Raeden; he'd hate to be the one to blame for breakin any kind of friendship.
Again, Hoping sometimes was not productive. What was done was done.

The Pure told him of her plans to trek north to collect cool climate flora which might survive better that their current garden during frostfall. With the mention of fire, Tilney raised his head and peaked around the garden. He could think of a few ideas on how to make that happen.
"Why not have the glaziers craft some cauldrons" The bronze spoke to her "We would need a reliable source of oil to keep them aflame, but that could be arranged. I could light them with this" He gestured to his lantern which he had lit an hour or so ago to combat the dying light.

She seemed a sensitive woman, Evangeline. Tilney didn't want to upset or annoy her, but the matter of Calstron and his recovery continued to press his tongue.
"How is Calstron?" He murmured, eyes shying away from the Pures matching pair. He was expecting a lecture almost, but then decided he shouldn't be so juvenile and except if he was given one he probably diserved it.
"Also, I would like to Apologise for my behaviour the other night. I need to tell you that I understand now that it is not my place to judge... I suppose I just, well..." Tilney gave a great sigh and shook his mane, gaze finally returning to Evangelines "Those kind of men don't sit well with me Evangline, I am a father... I couldn't stop thinking about what he could do to Maude or Glasgow, or even you!" The stag snorted gruffly, gaze once again falling away.
"This herd is not for lunatics or madmen if they don't want to be remedied or own up to their crimes"

♥︎

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

"Well enough." Evangeline answered Tilney's question. "And you?" She had turned her head from the garden and allowed her emerald gaze to sweep over Tilney's form as she often did when she came across anyone. It was the knee-jerk reaction of being a medic -- look for any wounds and offer to heal them if you see them. After the way Raeden had reacted to his refusal to heal Calstron she had worried about what might happen if the two were to bump into one another unsupervised.

Tilney's suggested of glass caultrons to contain the firest around the garden made Evangeline nod. "I think those would be a good idea, but I do worry that the fire could cause them to crack." She frowned. "Maybe we could see about trading with the Falls, I hear their masons work with stone." She made a mental note to speak with Alysanne or Tembovu and see what they thought. "Lighting them will be no problem, Tallis breathes fire and can tend to them even when we're not around. We can burn the plants we use as tinder when need be." And there were many other plants in the edge that would be dying that they could harvest in their attempt to save their garden.

Gradually their conversation shifted from the garden to Calstron. Evangeline gave a shrug of her shoulders as Tilney asked how the other stallion was. "I don't know." She answered honestly. "I haven't seen him since then. I'm sure if he needed more healing he would have found one of us. So, I'm inclined to believe that he's fine."

Then he apoologized and Evangeline's head tilted slightly as she listened to Tilney's reasoning, which she could understand. "His crimes are in his past." She reminded the other doctor. "He could have already atoned for them before he came here." She said softly. "For all we know this could be his second chance at a better life. Doesn't everyone deserve second chances?"

Evangeline the Pure
lairelark

@Tilney

The woman was well, and so Tilney was relieved to hear that at least. There was no complaints about her health and she looked quite well save for a duller coat; something that was expected for the coming of frostfall when everyones coats became a little thicker and their stomachs somewhat emptier. For some reason Tilney expected his colleague to be quite cross with him thought as unexpected as her calm and reasonably happy manner was it was very much welcome.

"I am well thankyou"

It took great courage to be gentle and kind in Tilneys opinion; it was so much easier to act under your own guise, terms and wants. The spotted Emissary came to mind when he thought of this and how that stag seemed to lack this element.But they were not here to discuss the Emissary.

Evangeline had found a fault in idea, one that Tilney was quick to aknowledge. Fire would surely break anything they coudl craft with glass - anything with stone on the other hand.  

Then there was the subject of Calstron. Evangeline couldn't answer his question on how the brute faired, and Tilney almost dind't expect her to. He hoped that stallion was far far away.
What she spoke next were words Tilney could only dissagree with, but he daren't say a word about it. The man believed in second chances of course but who was to say that those very marks were caused by a lucky survivor of an attack.
With a nodd Tilney accepted her opinion, it was all he could do.

♥︎

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎