the Rift

☠ when i'm walking a dark road

Cathleen Posts: 3
Unclaimed
Mare :: Equine :: 15hh :: 5
kite
The rosy pinks of dawn that sieved through the dense webbing of the canopy began to ooze in scarlet hues, aggrandized by the furrowed brows of the impending storm that seemed to growl in omniscient discontent. The kindling, vermilion embers radiated through the deciduous shrubberies; each rich tentacle of color casting gory depictions of fervid bloodletting and alighting the forest with a harrowing ambience. Even the disappointment soured in the slacking jaw of her father was contorted, suddenly twisting upward in a ruddy smile of debauched enlightenment as shadows pirouetted across the pallid plains of bones long since sun-bleached and picked clean by the various insects. The bouquet of pliable whiskers which protruded from the silken roseate of her prehensile lips twitched as they brushed against the porous surfaces of variegated carrion debris, her mouth gingerly clutching them with the deliberate gentleness one might apply to a newborn. Each piece was precious – a parcel of a spiritual encounter, a once hallowed vessel for a conscious essence, which she was entrusted to protect. A symbol of a past life, not forgotten.

“Alright, one more,” she murmured with a dulcet tone, which was swallowed hungrily by the deepening hiss of the breeze, once polite, now threatening to whip into a thunderous, vicious gale. The last piece to be amassed in her compendium of disassembled carcasses was His skull, though as she turned, content in the thought of completing her laborious gathering, she was startled by a sudden amass of shadow. Though this was not a simple motif of collective umbrage cast by terrestrial forestry – this amalgamation of tarmac and slick oil pulsated with the concavity of complex muscle and virility, life exhaling out of his broadening nostrils in smoky curls of breath that crystallized in the wakening chill of the torrential weather. She is stone – an effigy of caution – though the slenderness of her sides undulates with quickening, panicked breath. A pale gaze sweeps with exasperation across his features – across that devilish protuberance jutting from betwixt carved brows! “Demon!” She barks out, usually honeyed tones venomous with a defensive snap of gritting teeth.

In her religious vexation she might have mistaken those foxes for demonic wings; and in truth, she did.

table © kite

@Sacre yes, please tag me! and i'll do the same for you. c: <3

Messages In This Thread
☠ when i'm walking a dark road - by Cathleen - 10-19-2016, 10:04 PM
RE: ☠ when i'm walking a dark road - by Sacre - 10-21-2016, 03:21 AM
RE: ☠ when i'm walking a dark road - by Cathleen - 10-24-2016, 12:07 AM
RE: ☠ when i'm walking a dark road - by Sacre - 10-24-2016, 08:48 AM
RE: ☠ when i'm walking a dark road - by Sacre - 10-27-2016, 06:11 PM