the Rift

[OPEN] Memories & Metals

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
Isopia
         in places deep with roots entwined
i live among you, well disguised
For a moment, the raven appears to be waiting. Isopia assumed the stallion was going to say more - after all, what good was it to merely parrot back a portion of what she had said? Not, what is it, or go on, or well why do you have it? Yes, of yours she thought with something like sarcasm colouring her mental voice, once she realized that in fact, the stallion had said all he apparently was going to.

"Yes." She agreed, forcing her mind to resume the submissive stance that she had came here with. The raven looked towards the dragon, who pulled out a seemingly shrunken bone. She reached out with her beak and took it, laying it on the sands before the stallion. "I took this many seasons ago. I believe you were sleeping. It was quite soon after the battle with the Tiger Goddess who came through the Rift. I had been the one to kill her, and then it was you who had left with her skull.." Isopia's voice drifted off and her eyes had fallen away from Dragomir's, as if retelling this part of the story to herself, rather than to him. "I followed you. I ... do not now believe that I had any particular right to the skull simply because I dealt the killing blow, nor can I think of any reason why I would have taken it...other than it was there for the taking." Even though her face was avian, the impression of concern and confusion could still be read clearly on her features as she continued to study the ground, as if searching for the reasons she was currently unable to articulate.

Then, realizing her stupidity, the raven shook its head and hopped forward a step. "Of course it wouldn't have looked like this-" She tapped  the bone, and suddenly it expanded into the skull mask that had originally been Dragomir's.

Hopping backwards, the raven heaved a sigh that sounded far too large for the black body it came from. "I return this to you now, with my apology. I do not believe in theft, and can offer you no reason why it was taken from you. There was magic in the mask, magic that was waiting for a form to take. It was I who instructed the mask to collapse into a bone when not in use. And it was I who gave the mask its most interesting aspect. When worn, it will give you ultrasonic vision for a short range. Though it can be disorienting at first, it allows you to see through to the densities of things and learn about their compositions." Though Dragomir was a crafter and would likely find this information useful, she had chosen the enchantments for entirely selfish reasons. "I used it to study to health of trees and plants, and to better design that which I created out of stone." Isopia's voice had lost its apologetic luster, and now sounded entirely academic.

"But I do realize that those choices were not mine to make. If you wish it, we can speak to the God of the Earth. Though i'm sure he will send us on some task or other to remove these enchantments, I will do those tasks without complaint, for what I did in choosing them was unfair."

"

Image Credits

@Dragomir

Iso officially returns the stolen mask to Drago! She'll also use a VOTG pass to remove the enchantments if he wants :)

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
Memories & Metals - by Dragomir - 10-22-2016, 09:19 AM
RE: Memories & Metals - by Isopia - 11-04-2016, 11:35 AM
RE: Memories & Metals - by Dragomir - 11-08-2016, 09:41 AM
RE: Memories & Metals - by Isopia - 11-12-2016, 03:54 PM
RE: Memories & Metals - by Dragomir - 11-14-2016, 11:28 AM
RE: Memories & Metals - by Isopia - 11-14-2016, 11:51 AM
RE: Memories & Metals - by Dragomir - 11-23-2016, 10:31 AM
RE: Memories & Metals - by Isopia - 12-19-2016, 10:56 AM
RE: Memories & Metals - by Dragomir - 12-23-2016, 11:51 AM