Zèklè Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks
Zèklè
Well these days I'm fine
But these days I tend to lie
Well, here goes nothing.

After the initial pleasantries are exchanged, the warm welcoming and chatter and hugs, you pull Ampere aside. Your heart is pattering a rapid beat between your lungs; you stare at the ground, desperately uncertain, miserably hesitant to share your news.

"Ma, I'm... I'm movin' to the Falls."

You don't dare meet your mother's eyes - you couldn't bear to see her disappointment, her anger with you, her lack of understanding, an understanding that isn't yours to give. This moment has been weighing on you for days; anticipatory anxiety clawed a hole in your belly, and now you wish you could just curl up and hide within it, become a small, compact thing unable to be seen or touched by the world. Behind you, wind dances merrily along the surface of the Oasis, casting ripples across the pond. Maybe, you think, you could leap into the water and vanish beneath it, effectively hiding from all responsibility forever.

Or maybe you could go ask the Time God to make you a little colt again, safe from the complexity of mature emotions and competing loyalties. Yes, you know it's the coward's way out, everyone has to grow up, you can't go through life not hurting anyone, et cetera et cetera. But right now you don't really care. You don't want to hurt anyone. And, most of all, you don't want to be hurt yourself.

So you try to explain. "My... my friend, uh, the Mountain that Knows, she was made the Czarina there, an' she asked me to be Mason." The babble falls from your lips like water, and you know it isn't enough, but you keep going. "An' I said yes, 'cus, well... she needs me, Ma, she's... I can't tell you what happened, but it was bad, an' I gotta be there for her." Desperately you try to explain, your sunbeam gaze darting up to meet your Ma's before falling back down as you shuffle in the sand. It made so much sense in your head, but here, now, it feels like excuses for running away- and you're not.

You're just a small boy, trying to do the right thing.

"I'm not leavin' you guys, though... not really." Not in my heart. "It's not for forever, an; I'll still come back an' visit, an' I got my dagger, an' you guys can come see me whenever."

You rise again to meet her eyes, your own bright gaze pleading for her love. And then, because you can't help it, because it just slips out like a child's prayer, you quietly add that dearest hope, that perfect picture to which you've clung - "Or you could come with me," you breathe, a boy begging for his mother's love.

image | coding

Asking that you please not join unless you ask/are Zero's immediate family <3

Messages In This Thread
I'm sorry, mother - by Zèklè - 10-22-2016, 10:33 AM
RE: I'm sorry, mother - by Ampere - 10-23-2016, 12:52 PM
RE: I'm sorry, mother - by Iskra - 10-23-2016, 01:15 PM
RE: I'm sorry, mother - by Zèklè - 11-08-2016, 02:23 PM
RE: I'm sorry, mother - by Iskra - 11-11-2016, 10:24 PM
RE: I'm sorry, mother - by Zèklè - 11-22-2016, 10:17 AM
RE: I'm sorry, mother - by Iskra - 11-26-2016, 12:22 PM
RE: I'm sorry, mother - by Zèklè - 01-23-2017, 08:11 PM
RE: I'm sorry, mother - by Iskra - 02-06-2017, 01:52 PM