the Rift

[JUDGED] Property rights | ALYSANNE CHALLENGE

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
Isopia didn't expect to see Alysanne appear through the mists, for the queen had already indicated that someone else would accept the challenge in her stead. Odd, Isopia had thought previously, that she would argue rights to ownership, but not defend those rights herself.

The demi-goddess watched the king enter the clearing. Although her knowledge of tactical positioning was quite limited, she knew enough to see that he was doing something tactical, even if she didn't exactly know what. Nor did Isopia need to conclude that this would be a taxing fight; she already knew that it would be. Though they stood eye-to-eye, Tembovu appeared bigger because of his impressive bulk. Despite the fact that Isopia had trained to increase her strength, she still appeared almost dainty in comparison.

Her ears carefully cupped the words that he offered her, and she began to formulate tentative assumptions about the king's character, given that this was their first real meeting. While she approved of the fact that the things he said to her were at least intelligible, she loathed his sweeping assumptions and generalizations.

"I wouldn't call the theft of a bag a long standing rivalry, nor have I ever implied such." She called back, voice clear and confident. "What use a czarina, or queen for that matter, if not to serve her subjects? But as you note, the theft occurred prior to Cowboy's relocation to the Falls. Thus, my request of Alysanne, and this challenge, are not proffered in anger. If stealing is a legitimate and potentially blameless means of obtaining an item, as Alysanne noted, due to its widespread use across Helovia, then by that same logic, surely challenging is an equally legitimate and blameless means of obtaining an item as well." Her golden eyes shimmered with interest, as they were want to do during intellectual discussions. "As for the hypocrisy you warn me of, you may well be correct, and I shall set about rectifying my house upon my return."

What was likely meant to be a threat rather than a warning, received only a nod from The Mountain. It was as she said - if sleuths may blamelessly steal, because it is a compulsory aspect of their rank, then the same might be said of leads and their right to challenge. That this matter should somehow extend to politics in the future seemed ludicrous to the newly crowned czarina. The outcome of this challenge would settle the question of ownership, and that would be that. If the Elephant meant to bully her by his words, he would find himself poorly mistaken, for mountains could rarely be moved.

"Then let the challenge to decide the property rights of the stolen bags, commence."

Given the distance between the pair, it was not as if the suddenness of an opening attack would catch the Elephant off guard - space gave him the time he would need to respond to her actions. But perhaps surprise would be an advantage she could utilize, especially if Tembovu was ignorant of her magic. Before valuable seconds slipped away, Isopia began the shift into her dragon form. Although she was roughly the same size in both forms, as a dragon she could fly faster as she was more aerodynamic, and she had teeth and claws rather than just horns in her arsenal. Changing her shape kept her rooted in place for what felt like an eternity, but as soon as the transformation was complete, the dragoness jumped into the sky. Flapping her powerful wings, she tried to angle herself directly towards Tembovu, if not slightly towards his left side. She was wary of his horn, but she would be moving quickly with her leathery skin to protect herself against superficial attacks from his blade (or so she thought). Leaning backwards in the sky, she tried to reach out her powerful hind-legs to grab the meat of the Elephant's shoulder, wither or neck. Her aim was obscured as her eyes and forelegs focused on his eyes, batting at his skull with her talons.

If she could wound him early in the battle, then perhaps his energy would be taxed faster and she would leave this fight with all of her limbs attached as well as Cowboy's bags.

Duty fuelled her movements, and all thought of herself and whatever pride was on the line were tucked in some silent part of her brain and forgotten.

Trailing behind Isopia was Hubris. He watched Mbwene uncertainly, wondering if she was planning on engaging with his bonded, or with him. He trilled a friendly greeting, which sounded dissonant compared to the words Isopia and Tembovu had spoken to each other. Though the dragon agreed with Isopia's actions, he was in no hurry to partake in this battle. But he would if necessary.

1/4
WC: 799

Isopia
Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.
Image Credits

@Tembovu

Hey there Elephant King, yep you're right, I'm at your borders
and shit's about to get real, so I hope your brought your camcorder.
You really should open your ears to the logic that I'm preachin'
or even stop by the academy cause ethics is a class that I'm teachin'

Just cause something is don't come close to making it right,
And that lack of comprehension is the reason for this fight.
Right and wrong, good and bad, and the things that deserve our praise
All exist separately, maybe you'll get that one of these days.

And you keep talkin' about battles and all this warfair,
But I'm just here searching to find your logic somewhere,
'cause in the things that you've said and the things that you do,
It isn't making sense, and so all I can conclude-

- is that you need to get sorted in what it is that you believe
because your philosophy is wack and I think you misconceive
just how morals, laws, and precedence actually work,
So maybe think this over now before you get hurt.

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
Property rights | ALYSANNE CHALLENGE - by Isopia - 10-22-2016, 11:53 AM
RE: Property rights | ALYSANNE CHALLENGE - by Isopia - 10-26-2016, 07:14 PM
RE: Property rights | ALYSANNE CHALLENGE - by Blu - 11-26-2016, 10:56 AM