the Rift

[JUDGED] Property rights | ALYSANNE CHALLENGE

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
The demi-goddess couldn't help the slight bristling of her muscles as she raced towards Tembovu, as he addressed her as Isopia. Every time anyone other than Zero spoke her private name to her, she felt another cog in her mind turn against her Father for so carelessly blurting it out before all of Helovia so many seasons ago. They said elephants never forget, and this elephant it seemed, was no different.

Later Isopia would reflect on the rest of Tembovu's words. Perhaps she would even ask him about them. Her promotion had not come with any emotional baggage, and so pride would never be a deterrent to the advice the king offered. Some vaguely democratic facts in her mind wanted to press against the king's words, but the majority of her thoughts were elsewhere, (as they should be). But perhaps after all of this there would be time for conversations about politics.

Then again maybe there wouldn't be.

The only thing Isopia's draconic claws had ever held in them had previously been Volterra - and now that that memory had been taken from her mind - the feeling of clutching flesh between her talons was an entirely new sensation, unlike anything her equine-body had ever experienced. Though she wasn't able to deduce muscle from flesh from ligament, she could tell by the king's warbled elephant-equine screams that her attack had been painful. As in most things, Isopia took no pleasure from her early advance in this challenge, nor from the pain she had forced into the king's body. This was merely procedural, and for Isopia, it was almost as if she was merely a pawn, moving dutifully around the battlefield awaiting the verdict which would render the bags hers or not. She did not view herself as a champion for Cowboy - or for anyone for that matter. The czarina had issued her reasons and her challenge, and now it was only time that stood in the way of declaring a winner. That's how removed Isopia's mind was from the emotionally messy implications of this battle. She was merely doing her duty - a duty, which the king had suggested, might not even be hers to bear.

Isopia's upwards trajectory away from the Elephant was interrupted by tension against her back left leg. Her balance was offset by his powerful elephant's trunk, and Isopia felt herself becoming re-directed towards a thick knot of tree branches. Beating her leathery wings down, the demi-goddess tried to move upwards with enough force to knock the elephant's trunk loose, and also to clear the top of the tree. However the unexpected nature of this type of attack left the Mountain's mind searching for options, and thus she was only capable of executing one of her goals successfully.

The dragoness felt Temobuv's trunk release from around her leg at almost the same instant (or so it seemed), that the branches of the closest tree seemingly rose up to envelope her in a hug. What felt like spikes and spears of wood pressed against her body, knocking against her scaled legs and the lower part of her sensitive belly. For all the perceived sharpness of the trees's boughs, Isopia hadn't received a visible wound from the wooden embrace - though in the days to come a few bruises would likely appear on her painted skin.

Hubris returned Mbwene's wave with one of his own, before turning his eyes back to the fight and wincing as he watched Isopia crash through the tree. He whistled a long, slow note of appreciation for her pain, before sighing. The imagery of the situation was lost on him - a small dragon and elephant sitting together watching two larger nearly mirror-images of themselves fighting. His thoughts were on Isopia and her ceaseless philosophical quest. Though the Mountain didn't subscribe to this particular vein of social political thinking, might makes right seemed to be a tenant of Helovian culture. For that the dragon was sorry, but like Isopia, he thought Alysanne's logic was flawed, and saw no other option available.

Meanwhile, Isopia had to fight to regain her aerial balance as she swerved to the left, trying to leave the clutches of the tree. Worried that Tembovu would exert some other elephant-related ability that she would be unprepared for, she hastily reached out with her magic. She meant to create a pillar of earth beneath him; a rocky spire which might collide with his stomach and shove him off balance. If that was the case, then perhaps she'd be able to reach the ground without incident. And if she was really lucky, the mist would cloak her actions while the king was distracted, and she'd be on the soil facing him, before he could leverage another attack her way.  Just another mountain-shaped shadow in the mist.

2/4
WC: 799

Isopia
Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.
Image Credits

@Tembovu

You're wrong again, Tembovu the Elephant King
It doesn't take godly blood or a lifetime to learn these things,
Ethics ain't that hard when you take pride out of the equation,
I've got a PhD in this stuff, you wanna read my dissertation?

Maybe not, I understand that philosophy isn't everyone's favourite
But just because I'm Earthy's daughter don't mean that I'm a plagiarist,
I think my own thoughts, make my own calls, and learn from all I can see,
And never once have I called on my Dad to defend or justify me.

And I tried to use honey - I was as sweet as I could get,
But Alysanne declined and said we owed some sort of debt
But how could something be owed, when you took those bags for free?
I tried to understand, but instead of offering logic, your queen just disagreed.

So stop using my lineage or the years I've spent on this earth,
as a way to justify all your thoughts about my worth -
and whether I'm right or wrong in this challenge about property
I'm just tryin' to fix somethin' that I see as an atrocity.

Messages In This Thread
Property rights | ALYSANNE CHALLENGE - by Isopia - 10-22-2016, 11:53 AM
RE: Property rights | ALYSANNE CHALLENGE - by Isopia - 11-01-2016, 08:22 PM
RE: Property rights | ALYSANNE CHALLENGE - by Blu - 11-26-2016, 10:56 AM