the Rift

[PRIVATE] hold me closer than ever before

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu
The Elephant was too lost to his demons to feel the sharp, watchful gaze Rexanna turned on him; the woman, who knew his heart better than most, carefully seeing through the thick, protective layers the King had been creating since his first son’s death. But the father did feel the painfully long silence that stretched after his question; navy eyes boring into cerulean as he waited for an answer he had no right to request of Rexanna.

But Rexanna, his heart’s siren, the slayer of his demons, did give him an answer. An answer that he wanted needed to hear. Her answer was honest and genuine, not a superficial assurance; and the man let out deep sigh, closing his eyes and pushing his muzzle into hers—needing the physical as well as audible hope. But his lips chased hers as she pulled away, not yet ready to let go of that soft, warm reassurance; his nostrils were flared to take in her scent as it calmed him and pacified his fears.

Thick, black lips moved past her retreating muzzle, thick limbs taking a half-step towards her as she continued to speak, lips skating along the side of her face and then to the juncture of her throat. And he stopped there, his cheek pressed against hers, black-rimmed ear tilted sideways as she spoke of their daughter and her connection to their son. “Do you remember when you first met them and they seemed to walk in sync?” He felt the crease of her soft smile against the thick, but sensitive, skin of his neck.

A low, wordless noise murmured in agreement from the back of his throat, followed by deep breaths that drew in her scent and slowly settled him. His ears twitched as she continued to speak of their children, giving him precious bits of knowledge that he had missed in his absence from their lives. Slowly, muscles that had grown rigid beneath the anger and fear his guilt and demons both created and thrived on began to relax, each of her syllables calming the storm that had begun to rage in his mind and chest. His muzzle, already at her throat, gently and absentmindedly lipped at her skin and strands of mane there, taking solace in all things Rexanna.

And, his perked and attentive ears did not miss the sound her tail made as it swayed and brushed against her hocks. So complete was the calming spell the Aurelian siren wove over her Elephant that even the mention of the Laurelin’s name did not rouse him. Though there <>was something that roused him: “Just relax with me for a night.” A long, hot breath pushed out of his nostrils and across her neck’s cream, silken skin.

“Mpenzi,” his deep, guttural murmur was laden with meaning; the word he reserved only for her an answer to her previous declaration of love. There was also a carnal craving in his voice; she had soothed his mind with her words; but his body still desired full and complete solace in his woman. He began to move forward, pressing his broad, hot chest against hers for a moment before shifting to the side and walking forward, sliding his left side along her right.

His lips drug along her crest, gently tugging a few silken strands of her her mane, before moving to caress along her spine. Only throaty murmurs of need and appreciation sounded from the stallion—the time for words had passed. He stopped at her haunches, jowls reaching across her gold-blanketed and pulling it close in an embrace, navy eyes closing as he savored this closeness with his love. A long, hot breath pushed out of his nostrils, expelling his guilt and shame and worry; ridding himself of emotions in lieu of the sweet devotion they were about to share. A single heartbeat of relief amidst the tumultuous sea of sadness.

[fade to black]

@Rexanna post 700 is for you <3

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
hold me closer than ever before - by Rexanna - 10-22-2016, 06:48 PM
RE: hold me closer than ever before - by Tembovu - 10-23-2016, 09:06 PM
RE: hold me closer than ever before - by Rexanna - 10-24-2016, 12:30 PM
RE: hold me closer than ever before - by Tembovu - 10-26-2016, 07:56 PM
RE: hold me closer than ever before - by Rexanna - 10-29-2016, 10:47 PM
RE: hold me closer than ever before - by Tembovu - 11-07-2016, 11:18 AM
RE: hold me closer than ever before - by Rexanna - 11-09-2016, 10:10 PM
RE: hold me closer than ever before - by Tembovu - 12-01-2016, 11:55 PM