the Rift

[PRIVATE] hold me closer than ever before

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
Rexanna

Rexanna needed him to understand the words she spoke. She needed him to understand the fact that despite everything that had happened, he would end up being able to be a true father to his children – regardless if they wanted it or not. She wasn’t truly sure about Tembovu’s history with his own parents, but as far as the gilded woman was concerned, even if their twins didn’t think they needed their parents that they would regret it later in life. There were so many things to learn – where Rexanna bore the strength of mind and ability to attain information, Tembovu made up the brawn, the strength in physicality as well as the power to do whatever you set your mind do. And she constantly admired that in him.

As he stepped toward her, his muzzle tracing her body as she spoke, her previously tense body began to relax as she thought about all the events that had occurred. They had survived her womb, survived Calstron’s force, survived with and without one another. She knew Kianzo had to be out there somewhere – and they’d find him when the time was right. She was sure of it. And if the Elephant King chose to be mad with her over losing their children, he had every right to be. Even still, the mare had a lot on her plate at the time. It was truly no excuse, but it would have to do. And as long as she tried to mentally prepare herself for the retaliation of the man she loved, she ended up being wrong in the end.

She had grown so accustomed to a love like Calstron’s. A poison that numbed every bit and piece, that made everything seem as though it was your fault regardless of what you did. Even though she knew Tembovu wasn’t like that, it was all she knew. It was all she could prepare herself for. It was almost like a fresh breath of air as he relaxed beneath her touch and her words, the complete opposite of the only other relationship in her life that she felt really mattered. And part of it made her feel as though she didn’t deserve such kindness – such a love for everything she had done in the past.

Of course, they both weren’t without their ailments. He had his flaws, and she had hers. But now, living with one another in the Edge allowed for the ability to start over new, to work with each other on such pressing issues. She was excited by this opportunity, as well as falling in love over and over again. And when he spoke to her after the silent approval and mumbled words, his rough voice cut through to her chest like a beautiful spear. She was melting into him – becoming a part of something she could never really imagine. This time, this whole turn of events was different. It wasn’t angry, it wasn’t sad. She wouldn’t have to leave that night. They had the chance to spend the rest of their lives together.

And it was beautiful.

He made his way toward her gilded hide, his lips tracing every piece of her spine and she shivered under his touch, willing and of course joyous at the turn of events. She’d run to the ends of the world with him, she’d do anything for him. And so, the gilded siren stilled in wait.

---- fade ----

She loved him so much. It almost hurt how despite the fact she had been branded by a nightmare from her past, broken and beaten in every opportunity she seemed to have, that he could stand beside her and still love her beyond all the pain and frustration everything in both their stubbornness had caused.

Sweat laced her pelt, and with the tinge of wetness, her pelt began to show various different black markings across her hide – ink in the shape of various fireworks dancing and bursting in both joy and beauty laced across her pelt wherever there was any dampness. Rexanna didn’t know what was happening, she didn’t even notice it. Her eyes stayed closed, a gentle smile on her lips as she found Tembovu’s side, melding into him and pressing every inch of her body against his thick scarred hide. She couldn’t think of any words to say – nothing could make this moment better. The sun continued to set, lacing the new King’s Quarters in hues of blues and purples as the moon began to rise, enveloping everything in its gentle and cool embrace. Her eyes finally opened, then, seeking his navy gaze with true happiness.

"Talk."

@Tembovu <33333333
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
hold me closer than ever before - by Rexanna - 10-22-2016, 06:48 PM
RE: hold me closer than ever before - by Tembovu - 10-23-2016, 09:06 PM
RE: hold me closer than ever before - by Rexanna - 10-24-2016, 12:30 PM
RE: hold me closer than ever before - by Tembovu - 10-26-2016, 07:56 PM
RE: hold me closer than ever before - by Rexanna - 10-29-2016, 10:47 PM
RE: hold me closer than ever before - by Tembovu - 11-07-2016, 11:18 AM
RE: hold me closer than ever before - by Rexanna - 11-09-2016, 10:10 PM
RE: hold me closer than ever before - by Tembovu - 12-01-2016, 11:55 PM
RE: hold me closer than ever before - by Rexanna - 12-02-2016, 07:03 PM