the Rift

[OPEN] Get Up to Get Down [Herd Quest Turn-in]

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

When Tembovu first offered us a home here--even though we refused--we still chose to ignore the problematic bullshit that lingered in the background, the pale, glowing white elephant (lol) that stood around eating and shitting and creating deeper piles that everyone pretended they couldn’t smell. And then we came back, and we still ignored it, and then Mesec came here and there was a whole buncha loud happy things shouted every which-way but we still couldn’t bring ourselves to face the thing that was creepin’ closer and closer to us like a shadow.

Chico hadn’t been born when the Moon murders took place, but he had hatched around the time I’d been stuck in a mental dungeon, and he remembers that time well. The world had been so fresh, so new, so fun, and I had been the only shadow cast on his cheeky new world, and honestly it’s a wonder he didn’t turn out any more fucked up than he did (oh what) considering the awful place I’d been in when his egg was presented to me. But it was a thing I couldn’t, wouldn’t, forget and he was way too close to me mentally to not not see the root behind all those god awful growing experiences.

It...was hard to think sometimes, that Chico would never, ever get to meet Big Toto.

Welp. Now we’re here, and we’re living in her land and now Tembovu was doing his thing and summoning her and there was no choice but to stand there, not quite a part of the gathering, grappling with that notion. It shocked me somewhat that he was apparently able to call her forth like that (I tried, but I couldn’t remember a single instance where Ma had called on a god while she was Chieftainess of the Foothills) but it wasn’t enough to quell the uneasy…something that was bubbling in my stomach.

This would be the first time I looked at the Moon Goddess since that day. I was painfully aware of Sparkmarrow pressed against my shoulder, and I knew without consciously thinking about it that it was able, and proven, to kill a god.

And I wasn’t sure what was gonna happen, honestly. Except I wasn’t gonna run.

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Get Up to Get Down [Herd Quest Turn-in] - by Roskuld - 11-03-2016, 09:21 PM