the Rift

[OPEN] 'ere the sun rises

Macaria Posts: 57
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: Three Years [Birdsong]
Psilo

i've got my feet on the ground

and i don't go to sleep to dream

Whenever she is home she always finds a morning or two to steal some solitude and watch the ribbons of sunlight glow upon the serrated horizon. Nowadays she's here on the eastern side She's not one for being alone well, or rather, she doesn't prefer it. Lately though, she has no choice. Her mother is certainly very dead, her brothers might be the same, her father too – not to mention her absent patriarch also happened to be the former Czar of this very soil her caprine hooves are gripping. She was indeed, technically, the Princess of this very land. But aren't real princesses supposed to be involved? In line for some sort of succession, for a throne, for Queenship one day? Macaria has never been that kind of princess. She's been the rather useless ornamental type of princess.

She didn't prefer it anyway and now she's been saved from it. Hear that Mum – I'm nothing at all.

Silently the sun crests eastward and spreads its glowy claw-tips over the first hills to grasp its light. Her rosy lips curl in a sweet smile, it's a broken smile, but still it is something. Her tail swings from left to right, hanging one way and tossing its cloud-white tassel and then switching to the opposite side again. In a trance of sorts she drifts away to dream of times, imaginary times, with her mother. She dreams of times they found special shells and magical plants, times her mother's gray body came between her and sudden death with heroic, loving valor. These mirages in her mind dissolve once she hears the rustling of another.

Oh,” Her skin prickles and sparks crackle across her dapples. A wave of tiny embers fizzle and dance to the ground below before going dead. Her tail raises and straightens, holding its long haired plume to fidget anxiously. “Hello there.” She offers him a shy smile, it's reluctant and childish. He's one of Ktulu's soldiers, she knows this from the meeting and his have something dark in them, she knows this from locking gazes with him even if only for a brief second. “I'm Macaria.” She adjusts her tail a bit, lowering it some and returning her eyes to the sunrise.

macaria

Image by Psilo!

@Tommen

Messages In This Thread
'ere the sun rises - by Tommen - 10-22-2016, 09:04 PM
RE: 'ere the sun rises - by Macaria - 10-23-2016, 04:54 PM
RE: 'ere the sun rises - by Tommen - 10-24-2016, 02:08 PM
RE: 'ere the sun rises - by Macaria - 10-31-2016, 04:49 PM
RE: 'ere the sun rises - by Tommen - 11-11-2016, 04:56 PM
RE: 'ere the sun rises - by Macaria - 12-15-2016, 12:01 PM