the Rift

[OPEN] Watching you burn your bridge [Challenge watching]

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki

- I O N A -

Iona was tired of arguing. She was tired of how something so ridiculously petty had escalated into a question of competencies and morals. Couldn’t anyone see how trivial this was? Couldn’t anyone see the issue of tearing apart the ranks of this kingdom over something so incredibly stupid. Iona felt like she was losing her damn mind standing amongst this screaming match, but it became very evident that she wasn’t going to be able to reason with the irrational so the painted specter placed her hooves firmly on the high road. When her voice came again it was hard, level, forced, clearly frustrated, but still calm.  The storm was being kept at bay.  She directed her words towards those with the harshest criticism for her sister, and her gaze lingered between Alune and Tilney.

“I think it’s important to remember that Raeden and I are not omniscient. If something is lost you’d like our help with, it’s your responsibility to bring that to our attention and we’re always willing to help. That’s the reason we dedicated our ranks to locating the lost herd members. And we are good at what we do. I’ve not been caught, I don’t believe Rae has been either. But sometimes people can discover the whereabouts of their things.  Even then, it is their responsibility to get the item back. We don’t keep things out of malice or selfishness. We keep things that would be beneficial to the herd.”

“And speaking of the herd I think that you’d do well to show support for its leaders. This public display of insubordination is, to put it frankly, embarrassing. You would so publicly doubt your queen while the king has no issue fighting in her stead and defending the honor of this place? You talk of this Czarina’s beliefs - what about those of your leaders who have earned their place as lead here? If you’re that discontent living here under the current leadership, what the hell is keeping you here? If agree with this foreign Czarina to the point you demonize your own Queen, perhaps you should follow her home? I trust you know where the Gate is. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.”

It was then that she refocused her attention entirely, taking a cleansing breath and taking scope of who else had joined the gathering. Iona was pleased to see Erthe had arrived, even though the little one had very well formed opinions of her own (as she well should), she seemed to speak the most logic of them all. It seemed she was smart enough to keep a cool head regarding the situation, when those who were grown lost their heads and their rationality. “Silly, isn’t it?” Iona mirrored, thoroughly agreeing with the girl, though her gaze drifted to the band that adored the girl’s tail. Iona’s lips were sealed, however.  Items in Helovia passed from equine to equine frequently. Another reason she found this entire situation to be ludacris. 

It was then that her eyes drifted to a strange face - one who likely belonged to the very Czarina who had caused such an upheaval in the Edge.  It was funny to think that of all those that had gathered, this newcomer was not one who set her blood aflame.  Instead, Iona found it refreshing. Someone who had come to support his Leader and kept his own personal opinions absent from his rationale for being here.

Iona offered the one-winged boy a small, crooked smile and beckoned him forward. “It’s okay. Despite our differences, we don’t bite. Your leader fights for what she believes, ours fight for what they believe. Your Czarina clearly has, er, strong morals to say the least. You’ll find the leaders here have a strong moral compass too. We won’t all agree every time, it’s the way of the world. It’s just too bad it lead to violence. However none will come to you while you’re here. I’m Iona.”

image credit

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Watching you burn your bridge [Challenge watching] - by Iona - 11-07-2016, 08:13 PM