the Rift

[PRIVATE] Synonyms for hypocrite

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
Isopia

Why'd you do it then?

Well. In her current state, that was actually rather difficult to answer. The actual reason was because she was so inflamed and furious at Volterra at what he had done to her mind and her body and the feels that he had made her feel, she had used her intellectual prowess to justify attacking Rikyn simply because she had wanted to. It was an ugly side of Isopia; a side that hadn't reared its ugly head in seasons. Not since she had goaded Ashamin into attacking her while pregnant.

But now, given that her memories had been wiped clear - taking every trace of Volterra as well as the very act of memory removal, answering that question was a great deal harder. In her current state, Isopia had no idea why she had attacked Rikyn. Looking back through her memories, she saw anger and violence in herself, but no known reason for it. The demigoddess did not deny that she had attacked the unicorn, she just couldn't speak to the reasons for it.

"I was angry." She said honestly. "At the time I told myself that by attacking you I was doing you a favour - I was helping you learn to be on your guard, for at any moment an attacker might blindside you in the night." Her voice was calm, academic, clinical. As if reading notes from an experiment where a subject had died, but offering no real emotional response to that fact. "I see now I was just using that as a reason to justify the attack. I was angry and at the time I wanted to take my anger out on someone." Had Isopia ever been so openly honest before? Likely not - but perhaps it was merely because Rikyn had asked her the right question. A question that she could start to provide an answer to. But would he accept her 'apology'? Would he be able to see himself in her place and understand? Would he even care?

His retort made her nod her quad-horned skull in acknowledgement, despite the fact that this detail seemed irrelevant. 

@Rikyn

Messages In This Thread
Synonyms for hypocrite - by Isopia - 10-24-2016, 11:15 AM
RE: Synonyms for hypocrite - by Rikyn - 10-26-2016, 08:41 AM
RE: Synonyms for hypocrite - by Isopia - 10-26-2016, 09:39 AM
RE: Synonyms for hypocrite - by Rikyn - 11-02-2016, 12:19 PM
RE: Synonyms for hypocrite - by Isopia - 11-04-2016, 09:38 AM
RE: Synonyms for hypocrite - by Rikyn - 11-04-2016, 10:41 AM
RE: Synonyms for hypocrite - by Isopia - 11-04-2016, 11:51 AM
RE: Synonyms for hypocrite - by Rikyn - 11-11-2016, 08:42 AM
RE: Synonyms for hypocrite - by Isopia - 11-12-2016, 03:38 PM
RE: Synonyms for hypocrite - by Rikyn - 11-16-2016, 08:36 AM