the Rift

Supernova [Sohalia Challenge]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia
The look in his eyes was mutinous, his aggressive stance terrifying.  As the pale mare backed away, she was suddenly stricken by the realization that he actually wanted to hurt her.  Never in Helovia had she been set upon with such righteous anger, and suddenly she felt as though she were only a few months old again, faced with the horrifying realization that someone was there to kill her and if she stayed, she would die.  But the wound pounding with her heartbeat upon her ribs chased away the memories, and the feel of the sand grounded her in the present.

This was Cera, after all.  He couldn't really want to hurt her.  Right?

The stallion's screams were ice, piercing her skin and worming their way to her heart.  Despite the truth of his accusations (and gods, she knew their truth), she shook her head, still trying to widen the distance between them.  "I never meant to leave, Cera!" she pleaded, her head lowered in an open display of submission before his fury.  "I would never have gone by choice, I would never have left my family -"  Her heart broke as he bared his teeth at her, shattered at the shimmer of tears in his eyes.  This fight was about more than just his anger; there was a vulnerability in his misty gaze that bespoke the depth of the pain he had borne.  The fact that she had contributed to that, that she had broken him, was more than she could bear.  "- I would never have left you."

But the words were too little, too late, and they both knew it.

There was a sudden flash, and the companion that Sohalia had ignored in her efforts to reach Cera's clouded mind appeared in a storm of rage; electricity sparked angrily from his body, carried most strongly in his outstretched talons.  And before the mare could react, the lightning-bird had reached the Golden Prince, and his shrieks of pain were rending the air.  Before her eyes, she watched as his coat melted to his skin, as he began to buck and kick wildly around, and she was terrified that the electricity that Astraeus had brought would kill him.

"ASTRAEUS, STOP!" she yelled, desperation pervading every word.  "LEAVE HIM ALONE!"

Astraeus bobbed up and down upon Cera's haunches, his talons caught momentarily in the flesh that he had torn.  The movement was jarring, and when he dislodged himself, his head was spinning and his neck was hurting from the constant back-and-forth.  The zephyr flopped unceremoniously into the air, rising to circle painfully above the pair.  And Sohalia, relieved that the wakiya had left Cera alone for now, didn't realize that the stallion was attacking again until it was too late.

Cera's shadow loomed and she screeched her surprise; there was no time to move out of the warpath.  Suddenly his teeth were sinking into her left ear and yanking, and his forelegs were pounding into her left shoulder, and everything was white-hot pain and anguish until he was touching down, snapping at her heels.  She staggered away from him, whimpering.

Sohalia had never known physical pain until today.

Her left ear was a tattered mess; a clear bite mark circled the rim, bleeding profusely down the side of her face.  The bite on her ribcage paled in comparison.  Her left shoulder smarted from the impact of his forelegs, sure to bruise in the days to come.

Sohalia tried to circle away from the stallion's snapping teeth, hiding her left side from him and trying to keep him to her right.  "Cera, please," she begged, tears coursing down her cheeks from pain and shock.  "Please, don't do this.  I'm so sorry, Cera -"  But he was still advancing, still screaming - I LOVED YOU! - and there was nothing to do but fight or flee.  And she had almost convinced herself to flee... but then he mentioned Aleta.

He had no right to bring Aleta into this.  She carried her own sins; she did not need him to do it for her.

He was not her judge.  He was not her jury.

He would not be her executioner.

So she did the only thing that she could think to do:  she attacked.  Hoping that he was located to her right, the mare turned sharply towards him in a sudden lunge meant to take him by surprise.  Her ears pinned instinctively, a wince appearing on her face as pain-induced stars exploded across her vision, stars that left her grasping for his shape as she snaked her head forward in an attempt to bite some part of him.  She hoped to keep him on her right, and if he had been facing her still, then her bite would be aimed somewhere along his right shoulder or barrel.

"Talk talk talk."

@Cera

799 words - THAT WAS SO HARD.
2/4

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
Supernova [Sohalia Challenge] - by Cera - 10-28-2016, 10:30 PM
RE: Supernova [Sohalia Challenge] - by Sohalia - 10-29-2016, 04:59 PM
RE: Supernova [Sohalia Challenge] - by Cera - 10-29-2016, 10:31 PM
RE: Supernova [Sohalia Challenge] - by Sohalia - 11-01-2016, 07:33 PM
RE: Supernova [Sohalia Challenge] - by Cera - 11-04-2016, 08:18 PM
RE: Supernova [Sohalia Challenge] - by Blu - 11-08-2016, 09:54 AM