the Rift

[OPEN] SWP :: Impressions etched in glass

Vesper Posts: 46
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Tribrid :: 14.3hh :: Two
Everly :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Kiki

I'VE LOVED THE STARS TOO FONDLY TO BE FEARFUL OF THE NIGHT.

Everly, did you find Papa? I asked the little zephyr. We had lingered around the beach after hearing what had happened with Kisamoa, and having been separated from Papa and Virga I felt it was imperative to find them.  Everly swooped low over my ears and let out a squawk of affirmation and flew up the shoreline, directing my attention to some distinctly equine shapes that had gathered in the distance. 

I followed as quickly as my legs could take me, while wishing that I’d mastered flying and could join the group all that much more quickly.  My wings had grown now, the last hint of down had gone and the flight feathers were sleek and strong. I just hadn’t yet experimented with actual flight since my wings were so much bigger than the rest of me.  It was a foreign feeling to one who’d been earthbound for their life to this point. Now I understood why Everly had been so hesitant to use her wings at first.  As we grew closer I could pick out shapes and thought there were some that I could recognize.  My heart leapt at the familiar figures and it drove me faster - perhaps recklessly so - towards the group.  I wasn’t sure what to think of all of this, the appearance of Kisamoa, the magic that seemed to flow freely from the newly arrived sea-god.  I didn’t know enough of Helovia’s history to be suspicious and I wasn’t old enough to consider it abnormal.  

I slid to a halt as gracefully as my still-gangly legs could carry me next to Papa.  Thankfully my grace has much improved as my first birthday rapidly approaches with the coming of Frostfall. “Grandmama!” I trilled, happily, forgetting about the sea-god altogether in my happiness to see her.  My heart leapt and if it had been possible I’d have glowed a little brighter for her too.  I finally noticed the glass beneath my feet and let out an audible “Oooh,” as I realized how the colors reflected and refracted off the light. “It’s so pretty!” I beamed, looking from the colored glass, up to Grandmama, and back to Papa. 

It was only then that I noticed that this was not just a family affair I’d intruded upon, and felt properly abashed.  “And hello to you both,” I said, belatedly, with a nod of my head to the large demi-goddess and Kisamoa while offering them both a sheepish smile.  I retreated back a step or two back towards Papa, but craned my neck around to see the other two who introduced them as the children of Aithniel - a name I recognized from what Papa had told Virga and me about the Gods and their children. 

“If you’re related to Grandmama Moon I suppose we’re related too! I’m Vesper!” I offered, happily, with a little dip of my head towards the pair of younger colts who had introduced themselves to Grandmama. 

I then took a moment to shift my liquid silver gaze upon the others who had been drawn to the presence of the Moon and the Sea. There was a young filly who had painted a beautiful image upon the already colored glass that drew my attention right away, but as I parted my lips to speak I noticed something else.  The pale mare from home in the Edge who had reacted so strongly towards Papa.  Seeing her instantly cause me to be on my guard - I drew myself up to my full height and pulled my large wings tightly to my sides as if to inspire courage and confidence.  Defeated, my gaze flicked back to Grandmama as I waited to see what else the Moon and the Sea had planned.

-- V E S P E R --
image credit

Interrupts to say hi to grandma. Realizes she's probs being rude. Makes introductions.

Please tag Vesper in every post.
Force and magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.

image credit

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: Impressions etched in glass - by Mesec - 10-31-2016, 10:12 AM
RE: SWP :: Impressions etched in glass - by Kolr - 10-31-2016, 02:27 PM
RE: SWP :: Impressions etched in glass - by Shida - 10-31-2016, 02:33 PM
RE: SWP :: Impressions etched in glass - by Ru'in - 10-31-2016, 02:38 PM
RE: SWP :: Impressions etched in glass - by Vesper - 10-31-2016, 09:30 PM
RE: SWP :: Impressions etched in glass - by Iskra - 10-31-2016, 11:58 PM
RE: SWP :: Impressions etched in glass - by Oizys - 11-01-2016, 12:07 PM
RE: SWP :: Impressions etched in glass - by Arakh - 11-01-2016, 12:35 PM
RE: SWP :: Impressions etched in glass - by Sacre - 11-02-2016, 05:58 AM
RE: SWP :: Impressions etched in glass - by Rikyn - 11-02-2016, 10:01 AM