the Rift

[OPEN] Winnowing winds [Crafting]

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

The shortage of water and the limited quantity and diversity of life in a desert, with surfaces devoid of vegetation, should have meant forsakenness, stillnesss, desertion. And yet... The family that called itself the Dragon's Throat managed to adapt to live. Even under the driest of circumstances possible inside the Helovian borders they had still prevailed until now.

The tiger mare had been working on the temple-site since morning, now the afternoon was slowly beginning to be fogged up by the stretching of shadows. Orangemoon was full and fledged — and perhaps even almost over. The gift of the metal-crafters that the God of the Sun had given them had almost passed the peak of the season, but she would use it in time. Use it good, as well. To cover the top of the Temple’s circular tower she had planned a helmet of metal to roof the upper landing. The top of it needed to be able to house a flame that would, like the Holy Flames of the Diviner’s Fire, burn into the evermore. Everyone would be to see what their Patron’s gifts had been able to bear, handsomely, brightly. Maren plucked at the metal she had gathered from the deep veins within the earth. Oh, how fresh it felt in her tug, how magical in its heated pull. Like that she started dragging it into a shape. Once it was done it could be raised up where it belonged by capable pegasi.

Few metal temples existed inside hot, dry aeolian environments. This one was special. This one did. Its smooth metallic curves shimmered, stood unshifted next to the deep marine-blue backdrop of the ocean as it stood on the everchanging dunes. Maren looked from the temple over to the sandy beaches, its dust wrapped around periglacial sand flats. Dusty... Maren caught the wind-blown microscopic grains with the hairs framing the insides of her nostrils. She breathed, or rather; snorted a puff of thick fog to loosen up the fungus inside her nose. At least she was able to be content with the breeze that this continent brought, even if that came along with its sometimes nagging morphology. She sighed, though kept pushing and pulling the metals. Her mane jumped and spun along within the circulating air as she did, drifting on complementary warmth and cold as she felt winter was coming closer — Not yet, almost.

Sweat dripped in glimmering droplets down her cheek, her coat had gotten a bit wet despite the refreshing breeze. She paused her work to look up at the building they had already realized. Besides the shimmering in the sunlight, the temple was barely an irregularity. It was almost as if it was a mere turbulence in the wind, the child of saltation, an aeolian ripple in the sand; perpendicular to the air they breathed in as the family of the Dragon’s Throat. Who would ever think of it as organogenic? Through these seasons that it had needed to create itself it had already become something more.

Or, well... To her at least.

Totally tried to study aeolian environments while also doing helovia, but who am I kidding
I hate to break it to you baby, but you're simply lost

@Matheo
Crafting with 1 large item from Orangemoon!
Please tag me 

Mathèo Posts: 65
Dragon's Throat Colt
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2 :: 3 seasons
Delphi :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Odd
mathèo
I had a dream about a burning house. You were stuck inside, I couldn't get you out
I lay beside you and pulled you close. And the two of us went up in smoke

Young Thèo hadn't actually had the opportunity to speak with the Diviner yet. Despite his early inclinings towards the role of Diviner (far, far in the future), life and circumstance had kept him away from the halo'd mare far longer than he would have liked. It seemed that every time he had a spare moment within which he might have approached her, something (or something) always stole away his time and his attention.

Today however, all that would change.

What felt like the last warm breeze of Orangemoon gently pulled back the boy's mane, revealing a pair of bright and inquisitive green eyes. Delicately Thèo wandered over the sands, moving determinedly towards where Maren had been working for the past few seasons. He vowed that today, no matter who or what tried to stop him, he would not be deterred. Today he could find the diviner. As it turned out, nothing tried to interfere with his plans, and he made his way to the church with easy.

Sunlight drenched his youthful frame as it always did; a constant pillar of light that followed him around regardless of the clouds overhead. Was it a sign that Gaucho was watching him? Had their fiery deity and the boy's grandfather, the Sun God, allowed the Wildfire this column of light with which to oversee his son's actions ? Thèo, who possessed not one prideful or boastful bone in his body would never admit so outloud, but secretly he hoped that was what the light implied.

As he neared Maren, he slowed his pace slightly to a more respectful gait, so that he would not rush up upon her. She did not strike him as the type of mare who liked to be rushed up upon.

"It is remarkable." Thèo commented. For one who had grown up in the Throat, his accent was unlike anyone in particular. Perhaps that was because he had been raised by so many members of the herd, that he had picked up their individual traits and mashed it together. Yet he sounded almost italian as he spoke, softening his t's to d's, and the like. For a moment, the boy's stare was entirely upon the masterpiece that Maren had (very nearly) singlehandedly built herself. His eyes took in every curve, every joint, every decorative component. An unknowing smile had pushed its way onto his lips as he inspected her creation, which only grew as he finally turned to look at her.

His smile was boyish and innocent, his gaze full of laughter and curiosity. "We haven't been properly introduced-" The sun-child began. "Of course I know who you are." He nearly gushed, that smile pushing his cheeks outwards almost comically as he beamed up at her. "I am Mathèo. It is a pleasure to finally meet you."

Image Credits