the Rift

[OPEN] Legends of the Falls

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
Isopia
         in places deep with roots entwined
i live among you, well disguised
Unsurprisingly, Isopia's approval of Syrena's response was met with only silence. The demigoddess didn't feel the need to praise the mare for answering her question aptly; then again, she didn't very often feel the need to offer praise at all.

"Although the Gods can hear us at any time of their choosing, there are certain ...customs put in place to ensure the right sorts of rituals are followed." Truthfully, Isopia thought that it was all a little gaudy. Did they really need to put on a show, just to call down someone who wasn't the least bit materialistic? What was the point? Piety? "And so, in order to call to the God of the Earth, you must be near the Storyteller's Pool. From there, almost any conjunction of words will do." In short, if you call him, he will come. Then again ... that wasn't entirely true, was it? Just because her Father had never failed to show for her, did not mean that he would continue to do so. "However there are times when he will not appear, despite your best intentions. There is much under his control, and he is not always able to appear. When this happens, it rarely has anything to do with you. The other Gods might snub their chosen ones, but the God of the Earth wouldn't. If he fails to appear, it is simply because he is busy."

Isopia paused, scouring her mind for information that Syrena might find useful. The job was quite easy in fact. Show up, call out, and listen. That was about the extent of it. "In the past, the leads of the herd would likely accompany me to the pool. I could never tell if it was because they questioned my ability to perform my duties, or if they merely wanted to see the God of the Earth up close, and to speak to him if they could." The Mountain's shoulders shrugged. "I cannot speak for Ranjiri, but I am happy to allow you time to perform your obligations on your own. What point of a storyteller, if you are nothing more than a doorbell to the divine?"

"When the God of the Earth comes, it is your duty to bring before him important herd matters, and to hear and interpret what he has to say on the subject of Helovia. He can be ... quite vague at times." Isopia made a face of disapproval, before continuing. "Then you bring this information to myself and Ranjiri, or whomever your leaders are." Now perhaps it made sense why the leaders of the past joined the storyteller's meetings. That way the information wouldn't have to be repeated ... still. The rank was an easy one, but a vital one. The Mountain saw no need to step into Syrena's territory now.

"Can you think of anything else you would wish to know?"

@Syrena  

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
Legends of the Falls - by Syrena - 11-03-2016, 07:08 PM
RE: Legends of the Falls - by Isopia - 11-12-2016, 04:21 PM
RE: Legends of the Falls - by Syrena - 11-14-2016, 08:26 PM
RE: Legends of the Falls - by Isopia - 11-15-2016, 10:28 AM
RE: Legends of the Falls - by Syrena - 11-20-2016, 07:11 PM
RE: Legends of the Falls - by Isopia - 11-21-2016, 10:56 AM
RE: Legends of the Falls - by Syrena - 11-28-2016, 01:58 PM