the Rift

[OPEN] A second summer breeze [Birthing]

Jude Posts: 8
Dragon's Throat Colt
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: Two Seasons
Space
JUDE
so give me hope in the darkness and I will see the light

It was not the same as it had been in that dark, still place. The world outside was so much bigger, the distances impossible to grasp for one who struggled with 'me', 'him' and 'her'. Even the sound of Byron's voice and the warmth of his body was not really enough, not for long. Jude wished for a way to get even closer, to go back to that perfect unity before they became separated into 'I' and 'he'.

Byron had other plans. Always the restless one, always the one to make the first move, he began again to do something new. With his long limbs and ungainly neck he thrashed about, placed tiny cloves against the rolling dune and heaved, until he flopped right over with a sound of distress that sent the young fawn's heartstrings a-quiver. Warm eyes of blue and green widened in concern as Jude reached out to lip at the damp tufts of pale mane, soft lips trembling in sympathy. It looked awfully difficult, that; the crown-less fawn glanced down at his own lanky body with worry. Would he be able to do that when Byron had such difficulty?

Back to the silver-haired boy the troubled eyes went, and then onward, onto the owner of the warm tongue and the big body whom he hadn't really paid much attention to before. Instinct told him she ought to be trusted, the same way it suggested he ought to follow his brothers example and move.

But how?

Tentatively he shifted back and forth a bit, wiggled one white-dipped leg free so that he could test the ground. It shifted beneath his split hoof, and wasn't it awfully hard too? Soft yet hard, giving yet unyielding. Without any real conviction the younger twin attempted to push himself up like his brother had, but halfway through the heave the swift rise of his head and the changing perspectives made him dizzy. Squeezing shut his eyes Jude sank slowly back down onto the ground, and sighed.

He wasn't sure about this at all... Could they really not just go back to how it had been?

Flickr

please tag Jude in all posts
Force & Magic allowed short of permanent maiming & death

Messages In This Thread
A second summer breeze [Birthing] - by Nephele - 11-03-2016, 08:37 PM
RE: A second summer breeze [Birthing] - by Jude - 11-03-2016, 09:34 PM
RE: A second summer breeze [Birthing] - by Byron - 11-04-2016, 02:59 AM
RE: A second summer breeze [Birthing] - by Jude - 11-04-2016, 03:29 AM