the Rift

[OPEN] Frosty

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

Shimmering porcelain cloves dug deep into the frozen whiteness with persistent, stubborn intent that payed no heed to things like hunger or steadily growing discomfort in old scars. It could have been worse. So far the white layer that had settled over the Edge and all its grass and edible plants consisted of that loose, fluffy kind of snow that was easy to shape and easy to move. No ice had formed yet, so the task of digging out something to fill the belly with was not yet arduous.

It was merely tedious. Especially since the heavy gray blanket of clouds in the sky kept spewing out more of the stuff at an alarming rate, so that hoof prints would disappear if left alone for mere minutes.

But Erthë kept at it, glad for something to do that didn't require too much thought. Things really hadn't gone her way lately, she seemed to be staggering from one mistake to another like a bear drunk on fermented apples. Making a mess wherever she went. Whether that was actually the case or not didn't matter - it was how she felt, and dwelling on it ruined most of the delight she felt over the snowfall and the storms.

"Aha! I knew there were some left..."

Scraping off the last layer of snow from the ground, Erthë grinned as she spotted the half-frozen, round outlines of fruit around her feet. The dim light emitted by the glow-bark tree under which she stood cast a strange light over the scene, sending the shadows in a hundred different directions; it seemed appropriate somehow, and the girl couldn't help but admire the effect as she reached down and pried off one of the small baubles from the ground. Chewing carefully around the center pit, she savored the flavor that erupted in her mouth, all sweet and bitter and a little pungent where the peel had started to go bad.

It was her favorite treat by far. Left to her own devices the horn-crowned seraph would easily be able to clean out the treasure in no time at all, but... it wasn't really fun to keep it all to herself. Reaching for another, she sucked thoughtfully on it and looked around, unsure what to do...

Then she spotted the foal, and another grin spread across her lips.

"Hey, tiny!" she said, calling out as she shifted the treat in her mouth. "Come here for a bit! Have you tried these before?"

A winter-white wing reached out towards the child in eager invitation, all while the snow kept falling and dancing in the salty ocean breeze.

Erthë
and my knees are shaking - - and my dreams are breaking - - but i know i live today

bg || image || table

@Maude

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
Frosty - by Maude - 11-05-2016, 11:44 AM
RE: Frosty - by Erthë - 11-06-2016, 03:12 AM
RE: Frosty - by Maude - 11-07-2016, 09:25 AM
RE: Frosty - by Erthë - 11-07-2016, 11:03 AM
RE: Frosty - by Maude - 11-08-2016, 10:28 AM
RE: Frosty - by Erthë - 11-11-2016, 04:56 AM
RE: Frosty - by Maude - 11-18-2016, 09:25 AM