the Rift

[OPEN] Snowfall

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

Quick paws pattered across the snow. Erthë looked down just in time to see the supple outline of a fox come skipping towards her. She watched with some surprise as it stopped in front of her rather than continue, as she'd assumed it had been startled out of its den by the noise she made. The curious behavior suddenly made far more sense when a voice called out to her nearby; turning her pale eyes away from the animal to peer into the murky gloom of the forest, it took her some time to spot the young stallion that worked his way towards her. He looked oddly familiar, but Erthë couldn't place where she might have seen him before. At a meeting perhaps? Not likely, as she had been absent from the past two summons... at least he seemed at home in the forest, as hard to spot against the backdrop of shadows as she probably was in the midst of all the snow.

She regarded him curiously as he approached. The closer he got and the more she was able to make out of his features, the more certain she became that she hadn't really met him before. Erthë was sure she would have remembered it if they talked; it seemed unlikely that she would forget a face as handsome as his, with the startling red markings upon the perfectly black skin. And those eyes! Had she ever seen something so blue before?  

Ultimately, though he almost ended up in the water himself, the man was more successful in staying securely on his feet than she - if just barely.

"Hi, yourself. I'm alright. Just startled me a bit when the ground caved in" she replied once he reached her, her smile somewhat amused as she gazed up at him. "It's fine though, it's not cold at all to me..."  

Proving the point she splashed around a bit in the stream, but had to stop when a sharp stab of pain shot through the right cannon bone again. The poorly mended bone was always sensitive, and the sudden impact seemed to have aggravated something; Erthë gingerly shifted her weight onto it, and winced visibly when once more the leg protested.

"It... seems like I actually might need some help getting out of here" she said, trying her best to keep up the smile despite the pain. "I think I twisted something..."

While holding the leg up off the ground, the girl shuffled awkwardly towards the dark-haired unicorn, pale wings flaring to aid her balance as she started up the bank. It wasn't steep, but without all her legs it was precarious; in her eagerness to try herself Erthë slipped, nearly toppling over as she skidded back down into the cold, dark water of the creek.

ERTHË
I think of love but let it pass
It       feels       like         fire    
but it won't last
image credits

@Sacre

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
Snowfall - by Erthë - 11-06-2016, 09:59 AM
RE: Snowfall - by Sacre - 11-06-2016, 02:45 PM
RE: Snowfall - by Erthë - 11-06-2016, 04:02 PM