the Rift

[PRIVATE] Never take friendship personal

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

For Sohalia, some days were better than others.

It had been nearly two seasons since Gaucho’s passing, and most of the time the ivory dove managed to go about her day-to-day activities without the ache in her chest being too much to bear. She had goals, ideas, desires, and if anything, they had been intensified by the memory of all she had not done while her mate (she felt more sure of his position in her life now that he was gone than she had throughout all the years in which he’d been alive) was still in his fiery position upon the sands. After all, she reasoned, the WildFire would not have wanted her passion to stop burning just because his flames had been snuffed out.

But this was not one of those days. Sohalia couldn’t quite put her hoof on it, but for some reason this morning had brought a whiff of his scent on the wind. The absent sound of his whisper had caressed her ear, and she had known that she would be useless for the rest of the day. Guilt and pain and anger overwhelmed her on days like this, and she would not subject anyone else to her poor mood. Instead, she wandered out across the sands to stand beside the ocean, and for the first time in weeks she longed to slip into the spirit world to see if, by some miracle, her WildFire was there waiting for her.

He hadn’t been, so far, and in the days after his death she had found herself checking often, terrified simultaneously of seeing him and not seeing him. As time wore on and still he did not appear, the pale lady had all but given up hope of offering her apology, of leaning into even his ghostly embrace and hearing him murmur that it would be alright. And so as she reached for the magic that flowed in her veins, she truly did not expect that anyone would be waiting for her on the other side, but she knew that she had to try.

She closed her eyes, took a breath, and stepped into the spirit world.

"Talk talk talk."

@Odd

VenomXBaby
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

And please remember me as in the dream
We had as rug burned babies
Among the fallen trees and fast asleep
Beside the lions and the ladies.

What's it like? Being dead? Oh, now I know you want to ask, but better that you don't. There's a reason why spirits are so sparse, and why when they are getting their haunt-on, they rarely stop to chat about the afterworld.

You'll see why when you get here.

"Oh sugar no! Tell me you didn't-" The flirtatious tones of the once-spy swam through the otherwordly fog, followed promptly by their owners lithe golden form. Despite the years now that had passed since Phae's murder, the Opulent looked just as she once had ... despite the evenly spaced puncture wounds on her flanks. These were covered with a bit of silk, which in turn was wrapped around her wings. Rather than greeting her oldest friend, Phae's gaze instead looked concerned as she inspected Sohalia's face, then her neck, and then finally craned around to see either sides of her body. Finding no markings or indication of how the mare died, she turned a skeptical stare back to the Transcended. "Was it poison then? Oh darling you always were a clever one. It was poison, wasn't it?" There was laughter in her eyes and a great deal of joy at seeing Sohalia again. Still, despite Phaedra's well known selfishness, she was a little sad to know that the dove had died. Or to be specific, that she had committed suicide.

It had to have something to do with that big galoot of hers. Oh Phaedra had had words with him when he showed up. Sure she did. It was his fault that she was here, after all. More than her murder, she would never forgive him for how he'd done it. His antlers? Really? Not poison from that damned snake of his? At least that way she wouldn't have to wear this shroud with her everywhere she went.

She might have been dead, but that didn't mean she didn't still care about her appearance.

That called you what you like and even might
Give a gift for your behavior
A fleeting chance to see a trapeze
Swinger high as any savior.

Image Credits

Sohalia

Before Sohalia even had a chance to open her eyes, a familiar voice floated out from the fog to greet her. Though it was familiar, it was not the voice she’d been hoping to hear, and a momentary stab of disappointment forced its way into her gut. That feeling was followed quickly by guilt, for it wasn’t the voice’s fault that she hadn’t spoken with Gaucho since their fight. Regardless of the negative emotions swirling within her, it had been too long since she had spoken with Phaedra, and the chance to talk to one of her closest friends quickly buoyed her spirits immediately.

”Phae!” she cried with a gleeful laugh. It was the first time she had truly laughed in what felt like years, and she loved the former spy all the more for it. ”Oh, it’s so good to see you!” And it was. Sohalia was running short on friends these days, what with Rowan and Phaedra being killed years ago, Gaucho’s recent death, and the death or disappearance of all but one of her many children. And those she might consider friends now felt more like friends of opportunity rather than true, dependable companions. Ampere and Nephele were lovely, and both were growing on her in their own way, but they weren’t Phaedra, not by a long shot.

”Oh, no, I’m not dead,” she explained with a sheepish grin. ”I’m just visiting.” Suddenly afraid that Phaedra would think that she simply hadn’t wanted to visit before now, she continued in a rush. ”I’ve had the ability for years, but… well, it’s not easy to control. In order for me to find someone, I have to be in exactly the same place as they are in the spirit version of the world at exactly the right time.” Her voice was sad, almost pleading, and the way that she looked desperately at her friend was almost heartbreaking to witness.

”I’ve missed you so much!” she wailed suddenly before bursting into hot, lonely tears.

"Talk talk talk."

@Odd

VenomXBaby
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

And please remember me as in the dream
We had as rug burned babies
Among the fallen trees and fast asleep
Beside the lions and the ladies.

A smile of understanding spread across the Opulent's features as Sohalia explained her situation. Ahhh, well that made a great deal more sense, now didn't it? There was no anger or sense of betrayal apparent on the delicate curves of her face, no hot reply about how Sohalia might have tried a little bit more frequently. It seemed as though only some things about the sooty palomino had remained the same. She had seemingly kept her beauty, but discarded some of her inclinations towards the dramatic. "Oh darling no!" Phaedra cried, stepping forward and extending her oddly patterned wings to touch the pale curves of Sohalia's shoulders. "If you aren't dead sugar there's certainly no need to cry." She whispered with a silvery laugh, pulling back from her hug somewhat to try and look Soh in the eyes.

"Time up here ... it isn't what you think. But I've missed you too." 

Phae couldn't remember the last time she was happy to see anyone. Things ... they just didn't work like that in the afterlife. But seeing Sohalia...! The spy's sea-green gaze sparkled with its same old mischievous yet flirtatious light. A warmth seem to spread over her body, despite the fact that she was very clearly dead. There was a life that pulsed inside of Sohalia that was not present within the Opulent. But that didn't mean that Phae had given up any of her sparkle. 

For a moment the light in her eyes faltered, and the smile on her lips slipped. "But ... If you aren't here for real, why are you here? " Then, with a coy smile as if she had known all along, continued, "Are you looking for the big fella? He isn't here sugar, at least, not right this second." Phae cast a glance over her shoulder, looking through the misty landscape and appearing to be able to somehow see farther into it than Sohalia might be able to. 

That called you what you like and even might
Give a gift for your behavior
A fleeting chance to see a trapeze
Swinger high as any savior.

Image Credits

Sohalia

In all the times that Sohalia had visited the spirit world, she could not recall ever having been touched before. As Phaedra stepped forward to embrace her (prompting the pale dove to cry even harder), she was stricken by how normal the action felt. Sure, the touch was not accompanied by the same warmth that a living creature might provide, but Phaedra’s wings were solid enough to encompass the Artisan strongly. A surge of affection and longing nearly took her breath away – oh, how she’d missed having friends!

The mare had only just begun to quiet her tears, sniffling uselessly into Phaedra’s shoulder, when the Opulent mentioned Gaucho, sending Sohalia into a new fit of wailing sobs. Though mortified, the ivory lady found that she could not stop her emotions from flowing freely here, could not bring her pain and sadness back under control to shove them into the back of her mind, hoping that she would simply forget. Later, she would wonder if it was an effect of the spirit world itself – if the foggy, lifeless plane of existence refused to allow anything to exist other than what was – but for now, she merely gave up on trying to calm herself. In truth, she had needed a good cry for some time.

”Oh, Phae -“ she choked out finally, ”I didn’t expect to find him, not really. I doubt he even wants to see me, anyway.” Finally, at long last, her sobs were subsiding, replaced by perhaps the most pitiful, teary-eyed look that could be imagined upon the Transcended’s face. She looked lost, and in truth that was a fairly accurate representation of how she felt. ”It’s just – it’s just that everyone’s gone. First Rowan, then you, then Gaucho –“ She halted, took a shuddering breathe, and pressed on. ”And there was Diniel and Skysong, he murdered her, you know, and I loved him anyway – doesn’t that make me awful? – except it wasn’t him, not really, it was that Moon bitch - but it doesn’t matter because they’re dead, and Rhoa, too, and I was such an awful mother to him, to all of them, and it’s no wonder that Zenobia and Ivezho and Hawke and Aelin are all gone to gods-know-where. I’m just – I’m just so alone in the world of the living, Phae. Why does everyone I love leave?”

"Talk talk talk."

@Odd

VenomXBaby