the Rift

Give and Take [Debate Forum]

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

Her heart beat madly in the chest as she approached the statue of the Goddess that centered the Seer's clearing. The sky was clear overhead and the snow glittered beautifully in the bright sunlight, cold and clean and peaceful. She had spent the morning stomping down the snow in a wide half circle before the statue so that it would be easy to move about, thoughts processing what she was about to do with nervous restlessness. After a final glance at the Seer the young acolyte steeled herself and drew a deep breath, her call clear as a trumpet and nearly perfectly steady as she let her voice reach out for the herd.

"People of the World's Edge! Gather around!"

It felt awkward to make this kind of summons. Really it was not something she was supposed to do, being low on the ladder of rank and so young and really not at her best game lately. But it was a lesson she would have to get through, and something told her it was a lesson more than a few could use as well.

Striving desperately to appear calm and competent she waited for the herd to arrive, fighting off any suggestions from her inner demons that none might show up at all. It gave her some comfort to gaze up at the statue beside her, the likeness of the Lady enough to steady her resolve enough that she wouldn't just turn on her heels and run. She would be brave, and strong, and confident, and oh gods they were all going to stare at her, wouldn't they?

Swallowing to ease the dryness of her mouth, the Seer's apprentice drew a deep breath, choked and coughed violently, sure that everyone could see her trembling knees as she raised the head and gazed at the gathering through watering eyes (or rather, she stared at the trees over their heads as Alune had suggested, because if she had to meet their eyes she would probably faint or something).

"H-hi! Thank you f-for coming" she said, her voice rather higher and less steady than usual. "I know you must be wondering what this is about, and why I'm calling you like this, and... and you would be right to wonder! Because.. I, uh.. ehm..."

Oh no. Stop. Stop rambling. Erthë bit her lip hard, reached out surreptitiously to touch the cold, smooth surface of the statue with her tail and started over.

"Okay. Sorry about that... Welcome to this meeting! I have summoned you all on the instruction of our Seer, because recently there has been an increase of conflict within the herd and we, the thinkers and lore-keepers of the World's Edge, think this needs to be addressed. I have invited you here in order to settle some matters, and I would like all of you to follow a few rules while we do this."

Feeling her confidence rise as she went on, Erthë straightened up and found her voice growing steadier. Even managing a small smile, she extended a pale wing towards the statue of their patron god, the soft feathers whispering over the glass as she affectionately touched the softly purple-hued shoulder, so beautiful in its likeness yet so far from the perfection of the real thing.

"I called you all to this place rather than the ordinary meeting ground for a reason. During this debate I would like for you all to imagine that this statue is not in fact glass, but the real Lady. While you are free to express your opinion and are encouraged to do so, please choose your words and the way you speak carefully, the way you would if our Goddess the Moon were indeed standing among us."

"Please act in such a manner that you will not be a disgrace to yourself, the herd, or our Lady!"

Folding the wing back to her side again, the young mare peeled her eyes from the distant trees and made a daring sweep over the clearing, seeking out the eyes of those who might have gathered to make sure that they all understood.

"Anyone who cannot keep a civil tone will be asked to leave, regardless of rank, age or experience. I hope this shall not be necessary however, because I know everyone here to be a good, honest person with a good deal wisdom to share."

"Now, I hereby declare this forum open! Does anyone have an issue they would like to address? Please speak up."

She gestured again with the wing, pointing to a spot in front of and beside herself, by the feet of the statue. The thought was for everyone to speak their piece in turn, being able to express their opinion and defend their stance once before giving the podium over to the next person.

Waiting for the rain I'm bracing for the thunder
A twig that wouldn't sway in the wind

Erthë is calling this meeting as part of her wise one training! The intention is to host a forum for debate, where you are encouraged to express opinions and discuss in an open, friendly and anger-free environment! :D

Please keep your posts short and to the point, so that this can be relatively speedy! Posting order is a lie but try to make sure everyone gets a chance to speak. If you scream or attack someone verbally or generally behave badly, you will be asked to leave! ;D

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Zubari Posts: 52
World's Edge Colt
Colt :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 1Year 8 Months
Kuuma :: Melanistic African Civet :: None Dressy
Chocolate ears raised to hear a call in the land of Edge. He quickly moved towards the source and a white mare comes into view. His golden eyes widen as he listened to her speak. She talks about the goddess then how they should choose to speak wisely. He would usually keep his mouth shut and sit back and watch, but she was openly asking for opinions and issues that needed to be talked about. His mind raced and twisted around one thing that his life felt like it revolved around. His father. His maw almost curved into a devious smile. Oh, there were a lot of issues he wanted to talk about with his father, but there was one that bothered him the most.

His tiny hooves walked closer to the mare, and he smiled brightly " I remember you! Do you remember me?" He spoke remembering the first time he met Verro. The lovely white mare was there, and she was very kind to them. Tipping his horned skull, he spoke again " So we are allowed to bring up any issue, about anyone or anything? Oh! And I am allowed to join? " The boy pranced and danced in happiness, or was he just basking in the glory of finally being able to call his father out. Zubari finally collected all his thoughts into one simple phrase." Why does my dad, Tembovu, have children with another mare. That might I add is not my mother. He brings this gold lady here with a child and says that is my sister. She is not my sister; Katua is my sister. Does he not understand that mommy deserves so much more than that? I thought he loved her and us, but bringing in this new Family so he wants to call it, is not fair. It was supposed to me mom, dad, Zubari and Katua. No one else... " He wanted to say more, the words were ripping at his chest, but he had said enough to get his point across.
"Talk."
zubari
"I’ll take my bow I won’t make a sound I whisper truce as the ashes hit the ground

image | coding
Lyrics

@Erthe @Tembovu @Rexanna (If you feel the need for her to justify herself to him.. he will listen to her more than his own father lol!)

Please Tag Zubari in all Posts.
You may use magic and cause slight injury