the Rift

The Flames Burn On

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia
The meeting rolled on, with some of them shouting down Nephele’s bravery in calling them together, some of them requesting the presence of the sun, and others still recommending a physical competition for the lead position. Sohalia listened to it all with a polite, neutral face. She had learned long ago that such a mask was important for anyone who hoped to be taken seriously. After all, would the her not discredit someone who raged and shouted just as much as they would someone who rolled over at the first sign of trouble?

And so she waited, listening as each new voice emerged from the crowd. She avoided Cera’s gaze without really meaning to. She could not stand the sight of him, not knowing that she was the one who had caused him such damage. His words, as always, were well-spoken, and she appreciated the intentions behind him even as he avoided declaring support for anyone in particular. The others, too, had valid points, and though she was loathe to enter into a battle arena with the dark warrior beside her, she would do so if that was the test that the herd wanted to see.

And then Sikeax came, her thing frame looking much the worse for wear. Inwardly, Sohalia sighed, for she disapproved of their Sultana’s actions – or lack thereof – thus far in her reign. Still, as their leader and the chosen one of the Sun, the mare deserved their respect. And so she kept her opinions to herself, offering merely a respectful nod as the former Physician descended on them all.

Much to her surprise, the Sultana’s voice was cold and cutting, full of ire that seemed to be directed entirely at Nephele. She said little of her own shortcomings, instead seeming to focus entirely on the darker mare’s. And then she turned to Sohalia, who gazed back stoically. Whatever Sikeax saw in her then seemed to confirm something within the Sultana, for the leader called for the Transcended to take up the mantle of diplomacy. And she might have moved to accept the former healer’s nomination – but other voices rose first.

And when they died down, Sohalia cleared her throat and tried to address the growing turmoil within the little group. “Peace, friends – please, let us consider all voices with respect. Now, I would be honored to return to the role of Sultana, if that is the wish of the herd. However, other names have been raised alongside mine, and it would not feel right to simply be appointed without the support of my family.” The mare glanced at Sikeax, something almost apologetic in her gaze.

“Nephele,” she continued, “had the courage to call us together and address the vacancy in our midst. The rank of Sultan – or Sultana – is not the only one that needs filling, but perhaps other roles will fall into place as a result. And though I do not agree that we have fallen into complacency, I must admire the bravery it took to call us together and pinpoint a perceived weakness. And you, sir,” she added, nodding to Sunjata, a new face to the dove, “have called for Volterra to ascend to stand beside Sikeax. You have a valid point, for Volterra is a capable warrior; but as our Gladiator, does he not have a responsibility for our lower warrior ranks? And if that is where we are lacking, then is this the right way to remedy it?

“I am not a warrior, but that does not mean that I do not contribute to the herd. Many of you have spoken of seeing little activity, but again I would ask you this: have your eyes been open to everything that has been going on upon our sands? Maren, our Diviner, has led our crafters in the construction of a church, a beautiful place to worship that is worthy of the Sun our God. Plenty of other things – albeit non-warrior things – have been happening. Just because you do not see progress does not mean it isn’t there.

“Whatever choice you make here today, I ask you all to consider the Sun’s words when He appointed Sikeax as our ruler. ‘I break the chain of warrior leads,’ He told us. If Sikeax is to take up the mantle of warrior Sultana, then we must have diplomacy to balance that role. Our god has decreed it so. I am a diplomat, and I have served in this role before.

"I would ask you now to consider my words. If there is more to be said, say it. But then, please, cast your vote. A leader is meant to serve the herd; it should be your choice, not ours.”

"Talk talk talk."

TL;DR Sohalia accepts position as second lead, provided she has support from the majority.

Sohalia
I built this city just to bring it to its knees
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
The Flames Burn On - by Nephele - 11-08-2016, 08:35 AM
RE: The Flames Burn On - by Jude - 11-08-2016, 09:48 AM
RE: The Flames Burn On - by Ampere - 11-08-2016, 10:18 AM
RE: The Flames Burn On - by Sohalia - 11-08-2016, 12:29 PM
RE: The Flames Burn On - by Tae - 11-08-2016, 03:03 PM
RE: The Flames Burn On - by Cera - 11-08-2016, 03:45 PM
RE: The Flames Burn On - by Volterra - 11-08-2016, 03:46 PM
RE: The Flames Burn On - by Sikeax - 11-08-2016, 07:39 PM
RE: The Flames Burn On - by Hector - 11-08-2016, 10:37 PM
RE: The Flames Burn On - by Iskra - 11-08-2016, 10:50 PM
RE: The Flames Burn On - by Sunjata - 11-08-2016, 11:07 PM