the Rift

[PRIVATE] Burning house

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme

The sun set and her rage rose, building in her chest like the very flames she controlled. Aithniel’s ashen exterior shivered with the weight of her anger, tail flicking around her hocks like a wild snake. Mousy lips were curled back from her ivory teeth, and she stalked with purpose toward the Dragon’s Throat. Her current mood was not fit for the serenity and peacefulness of flying. She wanted to feel the sand churn beneath her cloven hooves and the weight of her body impact with each step. The rhythmic motion helped settle her rage to a whisper - like a geyser beneath ice.

As the island came into view - Gaucho’s island, she felt her soul twist. No patrols circled the skies. She remembered coming here when she was a child with Rikyn and Erebos, and there had always been at least one patrol. Where were they now? Did they even have a schedule anymore? Did anyone know that they should be patrolling? Aithniel sure didn’t. She hadn’t seen their so-called leader since her inauguration. Even at the time, she had been quite salty that a healer had been chosen as the leader of a nation of warriors.

A healer wasn’t fit for the title of Sultana. Gaucho made sure that his mantle was set in the ways of war, and she followed him in that passion. The Throat hadn’t been a symbol of strength and fortification because they gathered damn plants and healed people. No! The Throat was the longest lived empire because Gaucho forced the herd to work and kept them safe with the sweat of his brow and the blood from his body.

Where was the healer’s sacrifice? Where even was she?

Perhaps because the Sun God was her father, she could recognize the fallibility even in her idol. He had bigger issues than herd struggles, and Sikeax had been around previously. Aithniel remembered her from the Rift wars, and the healer had been there to do her job. Obviously leading was not on her list of skills.

The sun child ground her teeth and launched herself into the air, flying toward two faces she recognized. Ampere and Tae. Both of them knew Gaucho well, and she had to believe that they were as unhappy as she was. Ampere was a warrior and Tae seemed to be as well - at least from what little she saw. Wait… hadn’t Tae been wearing a pelt before?

Aithniel landed and approached without hesitation, frowning when she saw Tae. “What happened to your pelt? And where are the patrols?” she asked, her tone not in the least bit accusing. She sounded forcefully confused. “I do not know what goes on in the Dragon’s Throat now, but I do not like it.” She paused, mulling over her words. “I am going to do something about it,” she said finally after a deep breath. “My father will not see his herd fall to ruin.”

Aithniel
standing on pillars of fire
LadyPerfume @ Da

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Messages In This Thread
Burning house - by Tae - 11-08-2016, 02:36 PM
RE: Burning house - by Ampere - 11-08-2016, 09:20 PM
RE: Burning house - by Aithniel - 11-09-2016, 01:55 PM
RE: Burning house - by Tae - 11-09-2016, 02:26 PM
RE: Burning house - by Ampere - 11-10-2016, 09:22 AM