the Rift

[PRIVATE] ghost lights

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

Vesper’s presence and excitement grounded Mesec - gave him a reason not to chase after the alluring siren’s song of the light, though he wasn’t entirely sure he would have been able to turn away completely. He watched as they danced around Vesper - he would be surprised if he found anyone or anything that wasn’t enchanted with his daughter - but his hooves started to move and he followed the larger light, the one that was calling to him. He motioned for the filly to come along, if she wasn’t moving already, and for a moment he allowed a light curiosity to take over the wariness.

Until it brought them to the water.

He stopped at the edge, confused, while a blue orb floated before him. The whisper of a voice that was only just familiar speaking to him, asking him if he trusted them. His answer wasn’t a sure, definite ‘yes’ but it was a yes all the same, a slight nod that he made while he glanced back at Vesper - making sure that she was alright before finding more confidence in his response.

When the light moved across the water and beckoned him, Mesec felt hesitation flare up within him - the water was unfrozen but likely freezing and he did not relish the idea of wading into it, nor of leaving Vesper behind. If this was his mother trying to give him a message, couldn’t she find another way?

He was going to follow, but not straight away. Mesec turned his head from the water and looked to Vesper. “Stay here, sweetie. I’ll be right back.” He made sure that there was no hesitation in his voice - no uncertainty that the bright filly would be able to pick up on. Even though he wasn’t entirely sure, he needed her to believe it and he needed to believe it too.

After all, he did not have the luxury of drowning tonight - that would be unacceptable. Mesec would not leave his children and, if nothing else, that stubborn determination might save him.

Lucius, returned from his hunt, landed on the snow near Vesper - eyeing the sprite that hovered near her - and became a piece of Mesec left behind for her as the demigod waded into the chilly waters. Slowly and cautiously then, he swam to follow the light - his silver eyes fixed upon it.

Oh, I see stars rushing through my mind, colours have no time to fade
Oh, I found out there's another side where the sea and sky collide

artwork by Nikkayla

@Vesper
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
ghost lights - by Random Event - 11-08-2016, 06:06 PM
RE: ghost lights - by Mesec - 11-08-2016, 06:50 PM
RE: ghost lights - by Vesper - 11-13-2016, 11:27 PM
RE: ghost lights - by Random Event - 11-16-2016, 11:53 PM
RE: ghost lights - by Mesec - 11-19-2016, 11:12 AM