the Rift

[PRIVATE] how we operate

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
In my scarecrow dreams,
(When they smash my heart into smithereens)
Be a bright red rose come bursting the concrete.

Even as he asked Alysanne if he could be of help he was wondering why she would need it. The former Doctor turned Queen must have an endless list of skill sets to draw upon that Sacre was sure she wouldn’t need his help with anything. Unless it was in search of somebody to talk to her for hours on end then perhaps the Devoted had found just the horse she needed. Her admission of being quite alright warmed him and suddenly he felt mightily cheerful to be called upon by her, not realising how lonely he could get sometimes until he was accompanied by a friend. Inari and Ríona were already bounded towards the owl, playfully trying to pounce on him and kicking up the snow with whimsical sounds—it was a cute moment of peace. One that Sacre basked in until the Queen opened up the conversation and the fox-boy felt a mixture of happiness and sadness.

"Not at all, I like having company" he grinned, sometimes he wondered how on earth he had lived before the arrival of his two mischievous foxes. 

Thinking about living in the Edge he tried to formulate his feelings into words. It was in no doubt that the misty land had made him happier than he had been, he had made new friends and was learning a new discipline. "I enjoy living here, the herd has been kind and I've learnt a lot in a short space of time" he pondered more before continuing, wondering how to express himself "you know, when I was a foal I was taken prisoner by the Worlds Edge and lived here for a short time. I hated it then" perhaps it was out of the blue to mention it, but it felt like the best way to explain to Alysanne how he felt about the Worlds Edge. "I never thought there would be a day when I would not just live here, but like living here" Sacre often wondered if his hatred of the Moon's land had subsided because he had now endured much worse that holding a silly grudge from the past seemed stupid. "Thank you for being so welcoming, I may never have returned otherwise" he smiled, if he could thank everyone he had met here he would, but thanking the Queen felt as close as he could get. Besides, if Alysanne hadn't of been there the day he had arrived in the Edge, he might have fled in shame for making such a rude entrance.

The fox-boy sighed then—Roux. 

Whenever the day came when he saw his twin brother again he would sing to the heavens above and everyone would know about it. His blue eyes cast to the floor "no luck with my brother. I think he is hiding from me on purpose" he laughed, but it was tinged with sadness. "I've looked in every place I can, asked passersby, but nothing" he let the frustration colour his voice, Sacre had never been very good at holding in what he really felt "I hope he is okay" finally, his voice almost dropped to a whisper.

Feeling that perhaps he might have depressed the Devoted enough, he raised his head to regard her with his own questions bubbling to the surface of his dark lips "how are you? we haven't spoken properly since you were a Doctor. Do you like being Queen?" voicing his curious thoughts out loud as he wondered which role Alysanne would prefer if suddenly she got the choice all over again.

@Alysanne

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
how we operate - by Alysanne - 11-09-2016, 08:33 PM
RE: how we operate - by Sacre - 11-10-2016, 08:23 AM
RE: how we operate - by Alysanne - 11-11-2016, 08:57 PM
RE: how we operate - by Sacre - 11-15-2016, 07:06 PM
RE: how we operate - by Alysanne - 11-21-2016, 11:07 AM
RE: how we operate - by Sacre - 01-03-2017, 07:14 PM