the Rift

[PRIVATE] how we operate

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

Previously, Alysanne had been under the belief that the Edge had always been a peaceful herd. When she had joined, after all, Kahlua had explained that the Qian had upheld strict philosophies about peace. It wasn’t until later - until recently, in fact - that she had learned this had not truly been the case. The herd that she had fallen in love with had taken the Edge lands by force of an invasion, by inflicting war upon those that lived there, and now Sacre was telling her that he had actually been taken prisoner here when he was a foal. A troubled frown darkened her expression as he shared this information.

Thinking him young, she feared she had been here when that had taken place - back when she was new and only ever concerned herself with the healers and trying not to get lost within the woods. Had he been here when Tandavi was? The fire-girl had existed in the same herd as Alysanne and yet neither of them had realized it.

She wasn’t sure and did not think she would actually want to know so she did not ask. “I’m sorry to hear that you had such a terrible experience with the Edge before, Sacre, but I am glad it is making a better impression on you now.” She smiled warmly at him then. “And it was my absolute pleasure to welcome you. I’m glad you decided to stay.”

That warm smile did not last for long - for when he spoke of Roux, how he had not yet found his brother, Alysanne felt his pain and her eyes grew sad. There were too many family members that were missing for Aly’s taste - there seemed to be a lot more lately but she wondered if she was just hearing about them more because she was queen? She understood Sacre’s frustration and sadness, though, and moved forward with the intention to nudge him lightly on the muzzle - a friendly gesture as her words turned encouraging when she stepped back again. “I’m sure he is. If I’ve learned anything since coming to Helovia it is that few stay put in one place for very long - everyone seems to wander now and then. He’ll come back - and I’m sure he’ll be overjoyed to find you here.” Her smile was hopeful and encouraging - if he looked up to see it - because she didn’t have any doubt that Roux and Sacre would be reunited. “My twin Iona and I were separated for almost two years before she found me here in Helovia, you know. Not that I think you and Roux will have to wait that long - but I believe siblings have a way of finding one another again, no matter what.” Short of turning around and finding Roux nearby right this moment, Alysanne wasn’t sure anything that she could say would actually make Sacre feel better - but that did not stop her from wanting to try. “But I’ll keep my eyes open for him as well - I’m sure Hemlock won’t mind at all coming to find you with any news.” She cast a look over to her owl, who was only ever playful around foxes and foals. Hemlock hooted his agreement before playfully fluttering up in a flurry of snow and attempting to catch one of Ríona’s tails with his small talons.  

When Sacre did raise his head, it was with his own questions for her and for a moment - Alysanne’s eyes widened in a brief moment of surprise. She didn’t think anyone had asked her opinion on the whole ‘Queen’ thing so far, or at least not in such a calm and curious fashion. “It’s… an adjustment, but I don’t dislike it I think. Being a healer was all I ever knew, all I ever planned on being, and everything associated with that life made sense to me. I knew exactly what I needed to do for the nearly four years I have - had - been a Doctor here. Now I’m in completely new territory and it’s a little daunting - especially knowing that so many are watching for me to make a mistake and that I’m bound to prove them right.” As she said the words, she realized that she probably shouldn’t have - she hadn’t said the entire truth but she felt as though she had still said too much, spilled too much of her insecurities to someone she barely knew. She ducked her head bashfully, apologetically, turning her gaze away for a moment. “Sorry. I hope you don’t think less of me for saying those things.” She added quietly, her green eyes moving to regard him once more and see if his expression might give away a flicker of distaste if his words would not.  

*ALYSANNE
lying on the edge of a star

@Sacre
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
how we operate - by Alysanne - 11-09-2016, 08:33 PM
RE: how we operate - by Sacre - 11-10-2016, 08:23 AM
RE: how we operate - by Alysanne - 11-11-2016, 08:57 PM
RE: how we operate - by Sacre - 11-15-2016, 07:06 PM
RE: how we operate - by Alysanne - 11-21-2016, 11:07 AM
RE: how we operate - by Sacre - 01-03-2017, 07:14 PM