[OPEN] waiting for the right mind to drive insane [nephele]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia
the Transcended
“What do you need?”

Much to the dove’s relief, there was no animosity in the curious tones of the darker mare. She knew many, even some within this herd, that would have viewed her interruption and the support given to her in the meeting as an affront. It seemed that Nephele was not going to be like that, and her estimation of the warrior mare, already high, rose further. Pleased to have been received kindly rather than rebuffed in her advances, Sohalia cast a pleasant smile at the retreating backs of the children before turning her bi-colored gaze to the Guardian. Now that she was here, confronting whatever had happened moments before at the meeting, she found that she didn’t know quite what to say. Or, perhaps more accurately, where to start.

“It was very admirable, what you did,” she settled on after a moment’s pause, “calling the herd together to discuss the inadequacies that you see.” If only the darker mare had been more focused on the herd as a whole rather than just the places where they were lacking, then she might have found Sohalia behind her rather than opposing her. C’est la vie. In any case, the pale lady wanted to reach out, to get opinions and ideas to work together for the betterment of the herd. Surely Nephele would be the best place to start, seeing as how she was the first voice to raise in that regard? “As I said, I don’t think we’ve been entirely stagnant, but our militaristic edge is, as you have pointed out, waning. That is not our way. It was not Gaucho’s way, nor Kri’s or Midas’s before him.” So many strong leaders, gone, cast away to the winds as suddenly as her beloved Khal.

“I – well, I’m no warrior, I think everyone knows that; but even in diplomacy it helps to have strength to aid your position.” Once upon a time, she had been the one to temper Gaucho’s strength. She could do that again for whoever led their herd’s military side, if they would only offer her the chance. There was so much they could do, so much they could bring to the metaphorical table, so much more than simple brawn. But so too was it true that they would not get very far without the muscle that they were beginning to lose. “It is my opinion that we should be working together to that end. So, how would you go about strengthening our ranks, were it up to you? I believe we could all use good counsel in that regard.”

"Talking."
-Astraeus.-

@Nephele
Sohalia
Image Credits
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: waiting for the right mind to drive insane [nephele] - by Sohalia - 11-10-2016, 12:17 PM