the Rift

[OPEN] waiting for the right mind to drive insane [nephele]

Nephele Posts: 82
Dragon's Throat Guardian atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Atreus :: Lammergeier :: None Nova
can you hear the sabers rattling

Neph herself wouldn't have called herself impatient, in the first rolling weeks of silence which had followed after Sikeax's ascension to Sultana, she might have owned being thought of as impatient. She had been chomping at the bit, despite finding herself pregnant and now responsible for four lives, to get back into the heat of things. The Guardian had expected the new leader to take everything firmly within her hooves and own it, she had been given a task so great that she could have done brilliant things for them. True, she had been confused at first, when the news had reached her ears of the Sun appointing a Healer in the wake of a strong ruling pair of Warriors. She hadn't questioned it further, however, she had trusted that the God had seen something in the mare that made her worthy. Instead, it seemed Sikeax had crumbled and withered, and so had many things in her wake.

If she had to declare herself anything, if she had to pin a glaring red marker on what her emotions accumulated into at this moment. It was sick and tired, frustrated and annoyed.

"It never hurts to know that another agrees with you." She retorted with a rasped laugh, odd coloured eyes glimmered with mirth at her words, but the light was soon lost when asked how these thieves had intruded upon their members and made off with their belongings. "The honest answer? I do not know." She admitted with a sour look upon her chiselled features. "As to the identity of the thieves, that is something I don't know either. The lack of knowing infuriates me. Opportunists maybe? They could wait until we are no longer in the Throat, or maybe they do have a key? There have been departures from the Throat how have keys in their possession no doubt. Our lack of Sleuths until recently and interactions with other herds have left us without knowledge of who or what to look out for." The more she spoke about it, the more her features became dark and storm ridden. She disliked the casual, even flirty disposition some in Helovia had toward the slippery profession. "Miseal has vanished, though we now have Ophelia to help keep our belongings safe, I fear that with Gaucho passing, it has invited thieves and kidnappers to dream of taking from us once more." It's an honest observation followed by her best guess as to why their items were now being picked at. Gaucho had charged like a comet composed of the sun's flames toward those who had tried and failed, to retake and remind them that to take from them. It had screamed stealing would not be met with complacency in the desert sands, now he was gone, and likely the news had spread that the Wildfire burned no more by now — they were taking their chance.

"I would like to know that reason, but I have a feeling he would not tell me, even if I asked." She's amused by the idea, at least, that there could of been a reason why the Sun hadn't bestowed his healing touch. It was a stretch, their ranks were barren. What good would it do to leave his patron herd injured and to the elements? "Still, it's not a pleasant chance we are forced to take, even with the odds stacked that there will be few born this season." Foals were going to be born, and she'd feel better about it that their was healing aid available to them and their mothers. "May I come along, when you seek Maren out? I would like to hear her guidance and advice as well. "

"Ah, that is but a graze! It will heal, and the soreness will fade. The path to becoming a warrior, or learning to defend yourself is not an easy one. I can make a warrior of you yet, Sohalia. If not, then at least I can teach you how to kick them in the mouth and make a run for it." She chuckled, the brightness back within her eyes once more. In all honesty, she's glad for the easiness of the conversation despite the severity of some parts, they have not traded blows nor taken to spitting verbal warfare. If anything, she's truly glad that there is another amidst all the bad which has now descended upon them, that wanted to lift them up into the light once more.

Sohalia's hummed approval only added to the ease, and the idea that the two of them could work together well. She had listened, and appeared to have taken everything on board while quickly formulating answers and suggestions of her own. All of which, Nephele too uttered her own noise of agreement. "Indeed, they are needed to lead and tutor their assigned ranks. They need to be focused upon that first and foremost, it is a shame that it isn't at the front of their minds anymore." If they slacked, then they all would pay for it, however big or minor the fault lines would be. The state of the Warriors was a testament to that. "That would be ideal, to have a patrol dedicated to recruiting and keeping newcomers safe when coming into Helovian lands. Maybe it would be a point to pair members up in patrols permanently, rather than changing every season. It would allow them to get to know each other, the land and any oddities that may or may not appear since the last time they visited. Oddities those that are not familiar with the land would pass over without knowing the significance." The tone changed soon enough, the pale mare appeared to steel herself within her gaze as her own gold and icy hued orbs met them in return. We should be working together, yes they should, the answer is a whispered ghost in her mind at first — her own eyes alight as it took root. Yes we should be, her eyes replied before her maw parted to confirm their fiery response. "We will do great things for the Dragon's Throat, together."

Talk Talk Talk

damned if i didn't
demand that they sing
Art Credit

@Sohalia

“She was beautiful, but she was beautiful in the way a forest fire was beautiful: something to be admired from a distance, not up close.” 

― Terry Pratchett
Please tag Neph in all replies!
Force & violence permitted with the exception of maiming & death

Messages In This Thread
RE: waiting for the right mind to drive insane [nephele] - by Nephele - 11-12-2016, 07:17 PM