the Rift

The Flames Burn On

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

BY THE PRECEPTS OF HER PURITY

Her earlier impartial ivory ears now turned to him in surprise. She heard little of the wind, nothing of the breaths that may or may not have been held while Maren listened as he spoke. ...But he had turned to face her again and that was all that counted, all that mattered. He was a pillar of this herd, like her. And although he might thought it hard to trust in that — and only that, they needed each other. To understand each other, before anything else. And, who knew, maybe she honestly believed that this moment — that this right now was more important than any future to be or not to be leader of the Dragon’s Throat. Whoever it would turn out to become, however thick, wispy or shrewd, she knew she would be giving away the same kind of loyalty nonetheless. She would pray for their health, their wisdom and pray for the succeeding of their ideals. So to her it could be Sohalia, it could be Nephele or Ampere… And yes, she would probably not be given much gratitude for that unconditional trust in return. But, if she knew that there were those like Cera around, she would still know that they were a strong herd, despite the shortcomings of their leader.

Of course (despite being a seer) she had still not expected him to do that; to have to feel his words harsh on her skin, but it made her happier than any silence could have made her. She knew he cared — I knew it, which at the moment felt more important than being hurt. And, in the comfort of her eased dissatisfaction, she simply smiled, because with everything he had said there was little for her left to do. "I'm glad you shared your feelings." Was she being a dick? —...But he already thinks I called him a coward, so she might as well roll with it. “Let's agree to disagree for now and talk about this after the meeting, okay?” Mr. Teatime seemed to like the idea of the possibility of a cool down. Feeling distressed herself, she turned her gaze away from Cera and, for her own peace of mind and in case anyone had gotten confused along the way, she concluded. “My vote still stands.”

Image Credits
Please tag me 

Sunjata Posts: 69
Dragon's Throat Sleuth atk: 4.5 | def: 10 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: Four HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Andikan :: Nile Crocodile :: Scream Skylark
Sunjata

They spoke and bickered, arguing and bringing to light different points of view. However, as Sohalia turned to speak directly to him, the blue bird stood tall with his head held high – surveying her with perhaps a hint of boredom and frustration laced beneath his beak-marked face. The words she said didn’t make sense to him, if he had to be honest. They wanted someone with experience that had done something for the herd. But how could you get the experience and diligence required for the herd if you weren’t a rank lead? Back home, in the land he grew up in, promotions were always made from the top pick of the ranks. It just took others to fill the places left behind.

And so he stayed silent, listening as others offered their votes and whatever choice words they had that they could dig at Volterra or the Pegasus woman that had called them here. He listened silently as he tried to refrain from rolling his eyes or clenching his jaw too much. The only one that seemed to have any sense was a golden Pegasus he had heard nominated, named Cera. Then, a mare that had wings on the side of his head caught his attention as he stared her down – eyes narrowing slightly at her words. He wanted to tell them that was what everyone did. Take from the successful ranks for the success in the leaders of the herd. Then, supplement them. If they lacked leadership in all ranks then there needed to be someone willing to work with the rest of them and motivate.

Yet, as the time went on he let his gaze land on Volterra once again. “My suggestion still stands. I vote for Volterra.” He began, his voice sounded rough as the name came from his foreign lips. “If you lack in the ranks, then maybe the rest of the herd needs to be motivated to join them. However, I won’t stand behind leaders that have a history of leaving or disappearing. It was considered treason in my homeland. If you became a leader, you dedicated your life to it or stepped down publicly. You don’t just vanish.” He noted, adding in his two cents of growing up in a land quite far from Helovia, still unsure if that's what Sohalia had done. But it appeared to be as such with the way the conversation swayed.

I would like to offer my services to the warrior rank, as well, since everyone’s so worried about them not doing their job.” He finally finished, letting his azure gaze dance around those gathered.

"Talk."

image | bckg

Jata votes for Volterra!

Pixel by bronzehalo.deviantart.com
Force/Magic permitted so long as it doesn't permanently harm him.
Please tag in every post!