the Rift

[DROP] Amarillo by morning [FIRE/LIGHT DROP]

Vesper Posts: 46
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Tribrid :: 14.3hh :: Two
Everly :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Kiki
vesper
Now that all my adult flight feathers had grown in, flying had become one of my top priorities. I had certainly been experimenting home in the Edge - I wanted to surprise Papa and show him that I’d taught myself how.  I’d taught Everly how, after all, hadn’t I?  Now she’d been helping me.  I was thinking about enlisting help, though. I knew there were others that would probably help - but I felt silly for asking.

So, for the time being, I was determined to teach myself what I could. 

I still didn’t fly too far or too high, not until I had a little more practice. That was what brought me to the Thistle Meadow this morning. The Edge was a treacherous place for flying lessons.  Trees. Mist. Unpredictable winds. Sheer cliffs. Heavy snow on the ground. It certainly wasn’t ideal for trying to learn the intricacies of flying. The basics I had under control, but I couldn’t really practice too much with all the hazards. But here? Here it seemed mostly flat, much more mild in terms of weather, and there was a free expanse to practice for as long and as far as I’d like!

I sent Everly ahead to scout out a location that we could use, but the little zephyr was soon distracted by something on the horizon, but even though she passed me the images through our bond I struggled to comprehend what she was seeing.  It wasn’t until we were closer that I could understand.  It was birds. Hundreds of birds!  And it seemed they’d already drew the attention of some others - one who flew overhead, a filly my age, and another younger than I was.

“Whoa!” I muttered, in sheer amazement of just how many of the strange birds were scattered across the open meadow. I’d never seen any birds like them before. However, I’d certainly learned my lesson regarding labeling things I wasn’t entirely sure of. I had thought Ev was a whale for months until I found out she was a zephyr…

My reverie was interrupted with a shout when the other filly my age (and her companion) started to terrorize, for lack of a better word, the birds.  My jaw immediately popped open as I stared at her, aghast, not understanding why she would do such a thing. 

“No no! Don’t hurt them! They’re just trying to find food!” I cried, in protest to the girl in her companions who seemed to want to terrorize the pretty birds. “How would you like it if someone came and chased you away from your breakfast!” I admonished, scowling at the girl. I shook my head as I struggled to understand the motivation for interrupting a seemingly peaceful gathering. 

“Oh wow, look how pretty that is!” I said, finally noticing the orb nestled amongst the turkeys. Until this moment, I’d been entirely oblivious to the prize tucked among the fowl.
Look at the stars, 
Look how they shine for you,
And all the things that you do.

Vesper is seeking:
Magic (A) [Dark x Light] – Emits a star-like glow from within capable of blinding foes
Wishlist
No prior refusals
WE Herd Champs Extra Roll.

Summary: awed by turkeys, admonishes Merlin for chasing them, notices orb

Please tag Vesper in every post.
Force and magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.

image credit

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amarillo by morning [FIRE/LIGHT DROP] - by Ru - 11-13-2016, 02:39 PM
RE: Amarillo by morning [FIRE/LIGHT DROP] - by Vesper - 11-14-2016, 02:02 AM
RE: Amarillo by morning [FIRE/LIGHT DROP] - by Ru - 11-19-2016, 12:40 AM
RE: Amarillo by morning [FIRE/LIGHT DROP] - by Ru - 11-21-2016, 04:23 AM