the Rift

[DROP] Amarillo by morning [FIRE/LIGHT DROP]

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
sweet, sugar, candyman

Jellybean was freaking out and I’m not going to lie, so was I. I don’t know how these foals were having so much fun, I was uncomfortable with how close in size I was to the turkeys. I mean, I’m not really that close - I was like 52% sure I could outrun one of them if I really wanted to but I really did not want to test that out but here we were.

As soon as the foxes mentioned rustling, Jellybean just took off from my back and started charging at the group. She was smaller than the turkeys but she was just as awkward and she was ridiculously loud so there she went, my squawking companion, screaming herself hoarse and having the time of her life. She focused on some of the stragglers, rounding them up and attempting to force them back into the group.

I trotted along with her, because I panicked whenever her white and pink form disappear behind the brown and black ugly forms of the turkeys. I needed to keep an eye on her and, well, I guess I was going to help out?? I almost forget to because I see Albrecht - sweet, grumpy, adorable Albrecht, in the field as well but like, we’re both working so even though I whinny at him I’m distracted by Jellybean starting to yell in her outside voice.

So, the thing about her being part cockatiel is that she has learned words and not just in the ‘talk to me through our bond’ kind of way. She mimics noises that she hears. The most disturbing is how she picked up on the howl of a wolf, which she always chooses to practice when everyone is fast asleep. Anyway, right now she’s not so much howling as… crowing. An obnoxious ‘cock-a-doodle-do’ because, to her, these aren’t so much turkeys as they are really deformed roosters and she’s trying to communicate with them.

I mean hey, if it works!

Johnny's song, to the tune of 'Everybody' by the greatest boyband ever, BSB

All you turkeys
Don’t you run free
All you turkeys
Don’t run free now
Johnny’s gonna catch ya, wow!

DUN DUN DA DUN DUN

Oh my god we’re doing this
The foxes shouted to help them out
We’re gonna rustle them, I guess now
I’ve got some questions for ya