the Rift

[DROP] Amarillo by morning [FIRE/LIGHT DROP]

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki

"AND WE'RE CAUGHT UP IN THE CROSSFIRE OF HEAVEN AND HELL."

Iona watched, equal parts amused and confused, as the turkeys became more and more agitated around them.  Her long black tail flicked agitatedly against her fetlocks.  “You know, just when I think I’ve seen everything in this place, someone or something proves me wrong,” the painted spy says, with a huff, to no one in particular.  Nothing to start your morning like an angry, agitated group of turkeys stampeding around the grasslands, right?  Seemed perfectly normal.  She watched her sister manage a near-perfect landing out of the corner of her eye, and a small smile tugged at the corner of her lips. 

As Alysanne came to stand by her side, the agitation level of the, er, herd of turkeys continued to grow.  Iona was thankful she had chosen to stand on the outskirts of this mess, because the undulating mass of angry birds was doing nothing to help her comfort level with the situation as a whole.  Thank god turkeys are shit at flying, she thought to herself. The skies would be a welcome sanctuary if this situation went south, and Iona certainly wasn’t the most optimistic of the bunch - to say the least. 

”No idea,” the painted mare murmured to her sister, ”but I have a sinking suspicion that we’re going to find out.“ Because in that moment, the trio of flames had descended upon the scene.  Now, this wasn’t the first strange manifestation of magic that Iona had seen in Helovia, and she doubted it would be the last.  However this trio certainly gave the creature fascinated with warming his ass over a molten pool a run for his money.  Their request certainly elevated the weird factor too.  Iona said noting, she simply looked over at her sister and gave her a look.  A look that said are we seriously going to do this? The others seemed less concerned by the hootin’ and hollerin’ and bounded into action immediately.  Iona’s feet felt like glue as the mass of turkeys took off in a, well, a stampede. 

”Well. This is happening,” she said, flatly, before finally taking to the skies and following the angry horde of feathers and beaks.  The painted mare picked out a pair of stragglers from above and dived, cutting sharply to redirect them with a powerful blast of wind to continue south with the rest of their panicked brethren.  

- I O N A -

image credit

Summary: Sarcastic Iona is sarcastic, not super amused, does the thing anyway, guides turkeys by diving at them from above and directing them with downdrafts and wind. Mentions/speaks to @Alysanne

Iona is seeking: 
:: [ Magic: DarkxLight | Ability to see enchantments as shadowy aura]
:: [ Restrictions | Requires permission outside battle. Lasts 2 posts in battle.]
One Prior Refusal X
WE Herd Champs Extra Roll
Wishlist

Iona wrote a sarcastic turkey haiku. Because it’s Iona. 
Look at all the birds
Running around like crazy
How typical here

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amarillo by morning [FIRE/LIGHT DROP] - by Ru - 11-13-2016, 02:39 PM
RE: Amarillo by morning [FIRE/LIGHT DROP] - by Iona - 11-18-2016, 10:57 PM
RE: Amarillo by morning [FIRE/LIGHT DROP] - by Ru - 11-19-2016, 12:40 AM
RE: Amarillo by morning [FIRE/LIGHT DROP] - by Ru - 11-21-2016, 04:23 AM