the Rift

[PRIVATE] Band-aids don't fix bullet holes (but babies might)

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

"No. At least..I don't believe that she does." Isopia was completely unaware that her mother had at one point returned to Helovia. She'd been greeted by more than a few members of the Edge - Alysanne being one of them - and no one had thought to tell Isopia of this. Despite the fact that Kahlua and her daughter always had a strange sort of relationship, surely one as bubbly and friendly as Alysanne would have thought it important  to mention? But no one had. So as far as Isopia knew, when Kahlua had left, she had done so for good.

I'm always gonna be there.

For a moment Isopia said nothing, she merely kept her golden eyes on the ground in front of her, gently taking one step after another and trying to nurse her wounded shoulder. Slowly though, a smile spread across her face. At first she didn't even realize it was happening until she felt a tightness in her cheek (unlike Zero, Isopia didn't really possess the muscles needed to maintain a smile, and so even this caused them to stretch uncomfortably). I'm always gonna be there. She let his words roll over in her mind, causing her smile to widen, until her teeth almost began to show through the lopsided crease between her dark lips.

And despite all that had happened, Isopia felt happy. (As happy as she could get, anyways). Guess that's what happens when you love someone, and they love you back.

"I knew Alysanne." She responded almost immediately, her smile dwindling slightly - but not out of anger, only because her face couldn't really sustain it and speak at the same time. "She and my mother were quite close from what I remember. I met her just shortly after I was born, and then a few more times after that." As for the rest of them? Isopia couldn't really remember. Surely some of them had been there (though perhaps not Iona, Temobvu or Erthe), but the others? It was possible. "I was born just before the invasion of the Falls occurred, and so most of the warriors and sleuths were out training or gaining information." She thought about that for a while, wondering if there was any other really relevant information. "After the invasion, I decided to live in the Falls, and Kahlua stayed in the Edge. I guess I thought I was supposed to live there, because of who my Father was and the purpose of my birth ... I didn't see Kahlua much after that."

Even now speaking about it, Isopia didn't really feel much. Perhaps there was some obligation that Kahlua had ignored with respect to her child, and so perhaps Isopia was entitled to be angry. Though likely most children would have been hurt as well as angry, though Isopia was neither. She didn't necessarily want to think of her conception as rape, though despite the fact that she couldn't imagine the God of the Earth forcing himself on anyone, it wasn't exactly like Kahlua was in a position to refuse. He was a God after all. That Kahlua didn't really care for her child wasn't all too surprising.

Isopia
Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.
Image Credits

@Zekle -- Post 500 is for you <3

Messages In This Thread
RE: Band-aids don't fix bullet holes (but babies might) - by Isopia - 11-16-2016, 12:32 AM