the Rift

[PRIVATE] Band-aids don't fix bullet holes (but babies might)

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

For all of her proposed intelligence, Isopia really was quite stunted when it came to picking up small social or emotional cues. And so as Zero casually posed his question, Isopia failed to pick up on whatever underlying implication there may have been in his voice.

"I-" She began, and then shut her lips as she realized that hadn't. When she was with Zero, she didn't try to coax out a well formed argument or thought before she began speaking. In his presence, she was more at ease (despite the fact that she likely appeared just the same as always. Though perhaps Zero, if anyone, was perceptive enough to pick up on the subtle way she relaxed in his presence). So she began to speak her mind. "In a way I suppose I have. At least, I understand that one purpose all living things have, is to reproduce. I am not sure that I am obligated to - perhaps my Father would know... Mesec and Aithinel have.." Her voice trailed off, brows narrowing slightly as she considered this. "I suppose there is something to be gained from the first hand experience of being a -" She stopped again, not wanting to say the word mother. For Iso, there seemed to be something distinct between being a vessel which gave life, and being a Ma, as Zero put it.

She shook her head.

"I suppose I would consider it." She concluded with a shrug. The physical making of said child or who with were not even a part of her calculations. In her mind, she pictured something like pollination - or the way trees dropped acorns.

"Have you?"

Isopia
Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.
Image Credits

@Zekle -- EPICALLY LATE I'M SO SORRY.

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
RE: Band-aids don't fix bullet holes (but babies might) - by Isopia - 01-01-2017, 01:33 PM