the Rift

fruitful .t h o u g h t s. [Elizabeth]

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil
You can sleep with a gun but
When you gonna wake up and fight?

The Endless Blue was gray. But then, so was everything in this damned Frostfall. The sky was laden with heavy, gray blankets of cloud, waiting to pour their contents onto the landscape in the form of ice and snow; the sand of the beach was dull, lifeless, unable to reflect golden rays of sunlight; even the water, reflecting the stormy skies, was dark, whitecaps cresting menacingly as the tide came in. It seemed as though the entire world were in grayscale. Even the shadow-mare fit the bill, as her dark pelt and ivory markings were not in the least bit extraordinary. She had missed out on the crimson gene that ran in her family, a fact that had haunted her since birth. She was lucky, really, that she hadn’t been killed just out of the womb. It had never really been addressed, why she had been permitted to live, a plain filly such as she; but she never questioned it, instead proving her worth in terms of blood rather than looks. After all, it was the inner being that mattered – she could be scarred, battered, and as long as she could fulfill her duties, she would still have worth.

Even so, she was a bit vain. Despite her plain appearance, she was not dull: her pelt, though unmarked, was soft, shining in sunlight, when it was allowed to kiss her hide. Her mane, woven with Pegasi fathers, trophies from her multiple kills, was silky and smooth, waving gently in the breeze. And her vanity was what had brought her to the sea in the first place. The Battle of the Edge had left her with injuries, and as she refused to be touched by some equine healer, she would just have to take care of herself. The current was powerful, and the water was cold – but what was a little pain now compared to what she would feel should her lacerations become infected? She had no desire to die a feverish death! The salt stung when it met the deep cut in her side. It had scabbed over since the fighting, but was lacking flexibility; every time she stretched her bodice the wrong way, it broke open anew. White bone flashed beneath the thinly regrowing skin. The worst of her wounds, it was burned clean by the salt and the frigidity of the water. Other, smaller cuts such as the one on her right hindquarter and the chunk of flesh missing from her nape stung less, but then they had healed over more sturdily.

As her body was cleansed, she turned her mind to thoughts of the Plague. What would be the best way to recruit new members? She did not know the current members well, or at least not all of them. She wouldn’t trust them to decide who was trustworthy with their secret society. So they would scout, and she would have the final say. She or Mauja. The FrostHeart would know who to trust, he would was so well-versed in diplomacy. The ironic thought caused a snort to burst from her. So diplomatic, and yet here they were, out on their rumps just in time for Frostfall after he managed to start a war! So she and Mauja could recruit. The others could scout out new members. Above all, she would need to stress the need for secrecy. The word of the Plague had gotten out, she knew, and was beginning to circulate around Helovia. They would need to quell those rumors, to be sure. Without secrecy, the entire basis of their organization would be ruined. And then how would she get her way?

[W/C | 607]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Psyche

Elizabeth Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Elizabeth
the fallen

They are wrong. This land was meant for us. Not the naked tools and rats of the sky. Worthless, ugly, beings. No matter where you plant your hooves, you're stepping where they have stepped. Its a disgusting, gut twisting thought.

For the time I wondered how I would survive out here on my own. No doubt in my strong lines I was capable of survival but sanity. Oh sanity could be driven away in the haunting of loneliness. It's almost as if your sanity is a gift for the well... and insanity is a gift for the sick. Actually no. That is how it is. Driven from my own soul was a part of my sanity. Do not fret though, I'm not insane. Only in battle was I used as a sick puppet. Taught the special art of killing. Like a robot. No emotion, no mercy, no control. A savage beast. Ripping flesh from bone and burying wings from the sky.

Like this very beach I battled in sand. Across vast landscapes and long times. Hardships. The feel of sand engulfing my hoof and sticking helplessly to the feathering of my legs. My horn spiraled to the sky and carried proudly, like always. My silver eyes began to notice something odd in the distance. The shape of a body. Like mine. Although it was undecided the species. This direction gave me no hope. Stopping dead. There. Its body moving slowly among the salty waters. Crazy, how could they stand the cold? It must wind against their frame with pain.

I neighed. The greeting loud and proud. Like that of horrified elephant. Although it sounded like nothing of that creature. It was almost a battle cry without the provoking matter. Walking forwards slowly, the beings smell was now available. As the wind blew it against my nares. A mare and unicorn. "Finally..." muttering silently and trailing off as I approached the shore slowly. Stopping before the water hit my hooves.

The soaring sound was like a lullaby. So different from the crashing of bodies and battle echoes. I waited patiently for words from her. Only I hoped she was not of my imagination. Not going to fade in a mere few moments. I hoped she wouldn't fade as though she were my scars. Visible and there.

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

The chill was brutal as the shadow-mare emerged from the frigid depths. The water, at least, had been soothing after a while, despite the fact that she could no longer feel her limbs. The wind, however, offered a whole new level of cold, as biting gusts nipped at her flanks, sliced across her sides. Even so, she felt refreshed, and she was glad that her common sense had beckoned her to the seaside. Banner hung in straggling wisps as several rivulets glistened over her dark hide. She shook her bodice, sending chilly water droplets flying in all directions. To her dismay, many of them returned with the wind, speckling her with newly frozen crystals. A snort sounded, cranium held high, gnarled horn standing proudly against the sky, a sign of her heritage and purity.

It was then that she noticed the approaching figure of a unicorn mare. She held herself like that of a true blood, one who knew that she was pure and therefore above the vile creatures of the sky and the unblooded creatures of the earth. A smile crossed the vixen's maw then, for she knew that she had found another of her heritage, and perhaps a willing addition to the Plague. And this one would be an excellent addition, indeed. A strong draft build, larger than Psyche and probably stronger too, though that strength was only one of many. An excellent candidate, if the shadow-mare judged her correctly.

Psyche approached the newcomer, taking her time. The other mare held her head high, a proud soul to be sure, but Psyche would make sure that she knew who was queen. But to begin with, she would be all nice and lovely, to win her over rather than to force her into something. That worked better in the long run, after all. Though Psyche would not trust, she knew that herdly bonds were made through mutual agreements and trusts, and she easily utilized her knowledge. "Hello, darling. Quite a lovely afternoon for a swim, isn't it?" Her tone was one of joviality, but with a hint of her true, cunning nature layered beneath. It was a tone that would win someone over, but leave them with no doubt who ran the world. "My name is Psyche. May I ask yours?"

[W/C | 382]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Psyche

Unregistered

Elizabeth
the fallen

It was quite amusing how others found it at their will to be controlling. How they just wished to have someone such as Elizabeth the Fallen among them. I snort. "Only if you are slightly crazy, dear." a return of tone, mocking that of Psyche's. "Elizabeth." I curl out slowly. Her sly tone didn't pass my ears. I was no fool. I am no fool. Slight annoyance had my triangular frames sliding backwards. Imagine how terrible it would be for her to, let me quotation this with sarcasm, decieve me. I'd let her have her satisfaction but not for long. Once I become one among these lands my name will fly. I will be sure of it.

This silver and black body will become normal around here. These markings I bare will be an heir loom. Rising queen only to leave the hardships for my children. Taught from birth the mighty ways of the fallen. The scars I bear will not be for no reason. Each one I shall treasure and proudly tell stories of truth to them. Trained like machines they will kill and destroy till this species is on top. They will lead them all. My expectations are high yes.

Its not as though it is impossible. This Psyche was of obvious importance in the way she presented herself. Loving how she tries to stand taller and prouder. With that cracked and mangled horn. Ha, such a pitty. She was no killer. I will stand under her until she slips. Watch your back bitch.

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

Oh, lovey has a bite. The thought crossed the shadow-mare's mind, a fleeting whisper that instantly set her on edge. This Elizabeth would be an excellent addition to her society, but would certainly be one to watch for. Psyche was no fool: any who would match her tone would as soon stab her in the back as follow her orders. But even they would know that they would need her, if only for a while. And the more she knew about them, the more she would be able to control them in the future. A few sly, cunning brats in her pack would be nothing, assuming that the majority remained loyal to her. And besides, what's life without a little challenge?

A poisonously sweet smile crept across her maw. "Where I come from, 'slightly crazy' is a compliment, darling." Why not continue to goad her? Nothing wrong with a little friendly competition now and then, and the dark fae hadn't had any entertainment in the days since the invasion. "And, speaking of homes, where has such a lovely mare such as yourself come from?" A stab at the femme's scars, obviously, although truth be told, she wasn't bad looking. Strong, pretty, and a unicorn. Perfect for the Plague. Perhaps in time she would learn to hold her tongue, just as every pretty little princess should.

She was no fool. She could recognize ambition when she saw it, as familiar as she was with it. It gleamed from every hair on Elizabeth's hide. She also knew that it could be an excellent weapon, whether turned on your allies or your enemies. Never before had anyone's ambition gotten the best of the jackal, but there could always be a first, if she was not wary. Even now, she must be careful - given the newcomer's size, and Psyche's current condition, she was unsure of how she would fare in a fight, though she doubted it would come to that. No, this mare's tongue was a match to her own - she would win her way through sly deceptions, masked emotions. And Psyche would not be bested by such.

[W/C | 356]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Psyche

Unregistered

Elizabeth
the fallen

"Oh you say so?" a slight bitch tone fell around the words. A cock of an eyebrow and uninterested twitch of a muzzle was enough to give off the hints of warning to Psyche. Of course the mare had already picked up on Elizabeth's deceitful tricks at play but why not keep the conversation hostile yet friendly. The silver and black mare just rested calmly upon her back legs. Not an inch of her posture proved sketchy feelings. Rather, her posture could have rubbed Psyche wrong, of course that is if Psyche is one to easily be offended by not being bowed to. "I come from a land you've never heard of love. I've been through things you'd never immagine in that pretty little head of yours." and now the stings flung.

The word pretty was emphasized and rather plainly sarcastic. With that mangled horn she looked a mutt. No doubt she was beautiful because she was unicorn but that fucked up horn held her back. It was disgusting in a way, almost like the mare she met in the Threshold. That mare that turned her back among her own kind.

Elizabeth breathed deeply. Holding in the perfume of the sea. Letting it burn her nares harshly. As the wind began to pick up and blow about abruptly the dun mare clashed her silver eyes to the crimson pair before her. Elizabeth studied for any chill and shiver to run through Psyche. Weakness. Or so she thought, only because she has yet to feel the cold upon herself. Covered by hair everywhere and thick meat she was warm. "Are you sure it was a lovely afternoon for a swim?" a simple smile cracked through her dry lips as mocking tones refered to the earlier suggestion. My oh my what an encounter this is.

|ooc- I can NOT believe I forgot about this post... *facepalms* I'm soooo! sorry|

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

Orbs narrowed ever so slightly. To insinuate that her past was the worst of the two was arrogant. To think that the shadow-mare would become offended by someone claiming a worse background than hers! It was almost laughable, in the strangest way. But that would be an argument for another time. The insult to her horn was another thing that irked her, though she carefully kept her face molded into that simpering, dangerous smile. She may not have the straightest or the prettiest horn, but she was still a unicorn, and one of pure blood at that! How dare she? A hatred blossomed in her bosom, but even she had to admit that this mare would be an asset to her organization, should Psyche convince her to join up.

A cold breeze flowed across the sand, and it took a fair amount of concentration to keep her bodice from shivering. She would not show weakness in front of others, but especially not this other. Oh, no, she would stand strong even in the coldest of storms just to prove that she outranked this little nobody. Her smile widened. "Yes, it's quite refreshing." She would not falter. She would not weaken. "So you haven't been in Helovia long, then, darling?" Enough games. Time to cut to the chase. She had things to do, people to see, and that wind was cold. Either Elizabeth would come, or she wouldn't. But she'd have to start that conversation up first.

[W/C | 246]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Psyche

Unregistered

Elizabeth
the fallen

Elizabeth could feel the tension that began to come from Psyche, the black mares eyes that narrowed did not go unnoticed by the dun giant. Breathing out gently Elizabeth's scar along he chest puffed in and out largely. As the black and orange eyed mare before her lied, it was hidden behind walls of good tricks, the black Friesian smiled with evil staining her lips. Elizabeth cut Psyche off roughly, correcting her, "refreshing." "Entertaining." silver eyes glared with immense laughter. Crude it was to call Psyche entertaining but Elizabeth could not deny she would protect this mare in need of such. As this black one who held back her shivers, fought to be tough.

"You're right in your question." a pause briefly, "I've only met a few, including your mangled self, and I've already stumbled upon a nasty sky rat." disgust holding her tone. Eyes gleaming to the sky to watch for any unlovable birds. Hatred obvious in her now boiling temperature. An uncontrollable temper rising.

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

Skyrat. The disgust was evident in Elizabeth's voice. Well, it looks like they had that in common, too, as well as their oh-so-wonderful personalities. The shadow-mare smiled, a tad friendlier now, or at least less sarcastic. "Well, darling, there are far too many of impure blood continuing to wander about, you know." It was true. She may not have known the ratio of unicorns to equines and pegasi, but she was sure that they were outnumbered. Hence the shadowed doings of the Plague, designed to undermine rather than full-out attack. If they could kill enough, one at a time, or even in small groups, while bolstering their own numbers, they would begin to outnumber the inferior. Then, they would take over.

"I am sure you would agree that we are superior to the featherbrained and the hornless," Psyche stated nonchalantly. There was no point in hushed tones, no comfort in secrecy; they were the only figures on the beach, and she was proud of her race, after all. They were superior. They should reign supreme. And hopefully, one day they would. "Should you be as vested in ridding Helovia of its impurities as I, you could have a position within my herd, which houses the majority of the members of the Plague. The choice is yours, but if you seek what we do, the eradication of the inferior species, we are the best chance of purity."

[W/C | 236]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Psyche

Unregistered

Elizabeth
the fallen

Nodding in agreement to the stale words of Psyche, she was right there were too many of the impure's walking upon this land. Even this very beach they walked upon. And now the smile on the mangled horn unicorn became pleasant, well atleast a tad bit. So much as to it noticeable. Elizabeth knew then she had pleased this pure one in a way she wasn't sure of, until Psyche spoke again.

With a sigh she spoke, "I will join you in the Plague's quest for the supremacy of our race," a brief pause before lip movements again, "As long as I am promised the taste of their blood." smiling mechanically. Sadistically. Twisted dry lips tugged at the corners.

[ooc- short so we could finish this thread off, hope you don't mind!]

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil
[OOC | Done. :) I'll add her to the list of Plague members... gotta love their uneasy alliance lol]