the Rift

[OPEN] Clouds in my coffee

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
Isopia

Isopia exhales slightly, the way the we often do even if we've said that we laugh out loud; in fact, all we're doing is breathing out harder than a second before. "Id.." She says, rolling the word on her tongue. "I'm sure many companions would disagree with the implication of such a name, although they do remain fairly infantile, don't they?" She meant this more as a musing - a vocalizing of her internal dialogue, where perhaps it should have stayed. Immediately, Hubris turned his bright blue stare away from the snake, and planted it firmly (and annoyingly) upon her.  The bronze trilled with a sudden hostility, and then stuck his tongue out at her. "You're only proving my point." She murmured passively, as if her emotionless state was an example of the higher plateau of development upon which she stood, in comparison with the dragon's persistently emotional one.

"Even if one did think to question, to what end?" Isopia replied, offering another shrug of her tall and slender shoulders. "There is a bizarre dichotomy of faith in Helovia. It isn't surprising to see blind believers killing in the name of the gods, and in the same day see self-proclaimed atheists who would nevertheless complete quests to attain magic and other powerful trinkets." The demi-goddess's golden eyes closed for a moment as her deathly-marked skull shook slightly with feigned disbelief. "Those loyal to my father would demand compliance in his name. Those who cared little about the Gods and their wishes, would likely continue to do so, citing Kisamoa's promises and presents as reason enough to continue to help."

It was an interesting question though..how many were helping for greed? For misguided penance? For the sake of faith and religion?

How many were simply going along with the crowd.

How far could they be pushed?

"Do you plan on helping him?" Isopia asked, her amber gaze finding the eyes of the stallion amidst the thick shaggy hair that covered him.

@Albrecht

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
Clouds in my coffee - by Isopia - 11-14-2016, 01:06 PM
RE: Clouds in my coffee - by Albrecht - 11-18-2016, 10:42 AM
RE: Clouds in my coffee - by Isopia - 11-19-2016, 09:43 AM
RE: Clouds in my coffee - by Albrecht - 11-20-2016, 08:56 AM
RE: Clouds in my coffee - by Isopia - 01-01-2017, 02:21 PM
RE: Clouds in my coffee - by Albrecht - 01-13-2017, 02:12 PM
RE: Clouds in my coffee - by Isopia - 01-17-2017, 05:21 PM
RE: Clouds in my coffee - by Albrecht - 01-28-2017, 12:41 PM