the Rift

[OPEN] Gethsemane

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind

Again the stone eyed stag trundled from his realm at the Worlds Edge; having been a number of days since he had eaten it was only fitting he remove himself from the herd land and hunt as far away as was possible. Perhaps herd life was not ideal in the slightest - Any fellow he was supposed to call a friend or family always smelled overwhelmingly tasty to him.
It would be more then unwise to feast on any helovian or even try to for that matter. There was magic here, much more vast then the blood magic of his homeland. Just as it had been in T'det, Each individual creature seemed fitted with their own personal array of abilities. Some healed, some could shield, some could harness the elements; the possibilities really were endless. Toulouse seemed to have misplaced all of his upon entry to Helovia; he had heard of a barrier of some sorts. His apparition abilities no longer worked and he oculd no longer disperse into a cloud of smoke, and the crows or ravens would no longer whisper to him.
He had lost his spies it seemed, also his main mode of transport. (it was awfully handy not having to do the legwork to get anywhere)

With a disgruntled exhale the wheat-coloured gelding continued his course along a well worn trail towards a structure not far from the Edge. Whispers had told him it was named the Ancient Rotunda, so he anticipated something similar to elven architecture or even something not unlike the kind found in Myrhh or T'det.
Upon arrival the cursed man understand the areas allure. The brook below looked like something from a dream depicting his homeland, though the structure itself was something of similar sophistication to what you would expect in the land of T'det, but lacked much of a certain charm in Toulouse's opinion.
Still, the memories it pushed forwards were happy ones - They made his lips twitch into a strange smile.

Absinthe irises turned over the garden, confirming he had no witnesses. His ever faithful scarf and headband that he had donned each morning was not to be stained during his hunt, this he would make sure of. First slipping the crupper from his tail and unthreading the scarf form his head, Toulouse left the silken pile in the rotunda itself for protection form any orangemoon weather while the dusk sun still shone bright and pure with only the kindest intentions he would take no risks.
And so the cursed man set off, his steps feather light and noiseless.  

araxel

@Mathèo
I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD

Mathèo Posts: 65
Dragon's Throat Colt
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2 :: 3 seasons
Delphi :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Odd

As dusk covered the land, a glisten of colour caught the boy's pale green gaze. Ever curious, Mathèo pulled himself from the wandering pathway he had been following near the stream, and began to make his way towards where the glisten of ... was it gold? had been. The Rotunda bathed the surrounding trees in a wash of glistening light and colour that made the boy pause to catch his breath. He surveyed the reflections and refractions with a curious appreciation and awestruck ignorance. It was obvious to him that it was the light pulsing through the glass that caused the trees to suddenly appear painted in reds and yellows and blues, but past that, he was unsure how the illusion worked. Indeed, as he stepped closer, his own pale body suddenly glistened in rainbow hues that made his green eyes widen in delight and surprise.

With a smile and an entranced sigh, the young cherub child moved into the main structure, his eyes locked upon what it was that had initially shimmered and caught his attention. The scarf and accompanying baubles were carefully placed - or so the boy thought. Many in his home wore tiaras, crowns, or other ornate pieces of jewelry or armor, but rarely did he see them removed. With his brows curiously knitted together, he stepped forward, his cloven hooves making more sound on the ancient stones that Toulouse's did during his entire hunt, very likely. But then again, Mathèo was not attempting to hide his movements. He had thus far never known that he might need to.

The boy's neatly braided tail swept to the side, curling around his hindlegs as he lowered his muzzle to get a better look. The objects were beautiful and looked wondrously foreign. Part of him wanted to tug on the scarf and circlet to see how they might look on him. Something about the fabric seemed to whisper decadence, and he could imagine the lightness of it against his skin.

But ... it was not his.

Biting his lip slightly, Thèo lowered one dove-gray wing tip, to brush against the pale green cloth. It wasn't his to take or to wear ... but to touch?

He couldn't resist.

mathèo
When the white flag sails, covered in streaks of blood
There'll be an endless sea, of us rising up.
Image Credits

@Toulouse

Like a lion he tread, each step numbered and carefully placed among the underbrush. No single leaf was disturbed nor did a twig snap; the gilded gelding moved like smoke, quite untraceable and uncatchable.
Stench of white-tailed deer aggravated him, frustrated his movements until he could set his gaze upon a grazing herd. By the time his eyes had narrowed on the closest doe his jaw already hung slack, fangs cast over his lips at the ready. The ecstasy of blood or merely the prospect of finally tasting some caused his ears to ring until nothing but his own pulse could be heard. When he would finally lunge the sleuth did not know, though it would be unwise to shoot in such a state - how easy it was to miss.

It was a songbirds call that awoke him from his statuesque trance. Those jade eyes which had since glazed over found life in the greenery around them, and soon the predator was set on his task once more. The doe having moved only a small number of yards from her original position remained unaware of her dangerous fate-binding shadow, lurking now only a number of feet away behind the trunk of a willow.
Toulouse's plan of attack was reasonably simple. While he was over twice her size and equipped with daggers for incisors, it was not that easy to bring down hoofed prey when he was himself hoofed. Were he even better equipped with inch long claws there would be multiple dragging techniques at his disposal, but he simply did not.

The said plan involved a spell of waiting, and so that was exactly what the palomino did.
Waiting games were generally the biggest downfall of hunters of his species. Ghouls and blood drinkers alike as a common rule were never very patient - Toulouse was quite an exception. He almost enjoyed waiting for the ideal moment and watching his plans come to perfect fruition.
This however was not a long wait, in fact it was no time at all until the doe was positioned perfectly beside a hard pine tree, aiming her nose as some daisies.

Straightening his spine the predator stepped forwards, a fallen stick buckling and snapping under its weight. Not even a second passed before the curious deer's wide black eyes had found his, tail spiked and feet at the ready. Toulouse only smiled; it was the same expression that always graced his countenance.
There was something deeply unpleasant about eyes that wouldn't smile when his mouth did.
Finally he lunged, sending his power off of his haunches. Both front feet stopped the doe in her tracks while his ribs met with hers, ramming her against the trunk of the tree. The crack of bones was sickening to others, but the sound of music to Toulouse.  Whether her heart still beat or not once he stepped away was a question he hardly cared to answer; it was common courtesy to always go for the jugular was it not? That was the very thing he did next, and so begun his feast.

Such a pristine coat was prone to stain with such ghastly red marks. Toulouse spent the better part of half an hour washing his pelt in the brook; his face and hair specifically which always came out of a meal matted and bloodsoaked.
He was cheerful, though did not look forwards to the walk home to the Edge. How tiresome walks without company were. First he would have to stop by the rotunda to find his belongings before he turned for home.
Upon approaching the structure Toulouse noticed he was not alone by any means. He watched the feathers of a lad trace over his scarf, pensively and curious. He doubted this boy would steal it, and so he daren't growl. That didn't mean he'd be nice.
A pale hoof pounded on the first step of the rotunda, Toulouses clear eyes watching for a pair of eyes to peak form behind those silver pennons. "Is that yours?" He began. Stepping up into the rotunda Toulouse approached, piercing gaze set for the lads. "You know there's myths about this place. They say Vampires dwell in these woods - you best not wander alone boy, you may not ever get out" his voice gave the child no malice, it was more of a joke than anything. It didn't cross his mind that the young one would probably believe him with every fibre of his being as all children were to do.
He was right to believe him though, it was true after all.

araxel

NOOT NOOT im back form sydney and then i was going ot write a rpey AND THEN MY DOG HADTO GO TO DOG HOSPITAL FOR A FEW DAYS so that put me behind but tadaaaa omg im so excited for their friendship already

@Mathèo

CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

Mathèo Posts: 65
Dragon's Throat Colt
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2 :: 3 seasons
Delphi :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Odd

The sun-drenched child jumped as the hoof-fall of Toulouse rang like a warning bell in his mind. Already feeling slightly guilty over wanting to covet the pretty cloth that was not his, the stranger's approach only served to reinforce the notion that he was doing something wrong. As his heart beat increased, so too did the light that fell magically from the heavens to bathe him in their glistening light. With a child-like boldness, Thèo did not try to deceive the man before him into thinking he was any less shaken up than he in fact was. He allowed his lips to fall open slightly as he allowed the pent-up breath he had been holding to escape. However as Toulouse began to speak, a grin broke out across the boy's face. How easily children could be reassured.

"No, not mine." Thèo admitted. His voice held a distinct accent that he should not have had - at least, not given his lineage. Perhaps he had acquired it due to his communal raising in the Throat. Regardless, the boy spoke as though he had been raised somewhere in Italy, rather than by the often barbaric and primitive peoples of the Dragon's Throat. "I just wanted to see how it felt." He finished, an honest smile upon his ashen lips.

Laughter touched his green eyes as Toulouse spoke of Vampires - a topic which only further (though perhaps incorrectly) indicated to the boy that he was not in any sort of trouble.

"I guess I'd be pretty easy to find-" He said, motioning upwards to where sunlight dripped down on him, despite the fact that they were covered by the Rotunda. "But-" Now the boy paused, his angelic face crinkling into a thoughtful expression before smoothing out once again. "-I thought Vampires couldn't go out in the daylight? And since the sun followed me around...maybe they couldn't get me!" He looked to Toulouse for confirmation. Even if vampires weren't real, surely there was still an answer to his question?

mathèo
When the white flag sails, covered in streaks of blood
There'll be an endless sea, of us rising up.
Image Credits

@Toulouse

Toulouse knew it would be quite impossible for him to entertain the charade for more than a number of minutes, and so without further ado he donned the circlet and scarf. There was no point in pretending to look for the owner or play with the creature that stood beaming under the structure with him.
"I just wanted to see how it felt" was the colts excuse, and so the gilden gelding tossed his crown sideways in contemplation - he could understand that at least. Treasures and gold, glitter and finery were wondrous things to be sure, However, They illustrated a fakery - every Diamond had a flaw, every crown had a scratch, and jewels were a filthy currency that would grime the cleanest of teeth and blacken a most gilded soul.

"Pretty things are useless, you know" was all Toulouse had to say on that matter, it was his conclusion to what was perhaps a useless contemplation, but bestowing wisdom on the young never hurt.
A twisted brow was raised when laughter sounded from that mottled boys snout; It was even nice to hear the little one giggle, to know that it was he who caused such a reaction. Perhaps Toulouse was even envious; envious that he was no longer that young and able to giggle mindlessly. When you became older, Hiccups became unbearable and Sneezes came with the potential threat of a cerebral aneurysm.
On the subject of jewels again, why did everyone cherish them so much? Surely youth was the most valuable.

It was then that Toulouse found himself deep, deep in thought and was only extracted from it by the chirping voice of the winged ray of sunshine. This time he spoke of how Vampires didn't lurk in sunlight; The viper wished to smirk but that would seem much too odd. "You are probably right" he replied simply to the young boy, hooved shifting on the stone and then leading out of the rotunda to the greenery below.

"Where are you from? Where are your parents?"
The man then uttered when he found himself wondering again where his parents were and why he was here alone. He didn't seem old enough to be far from home, not a weanling yet. Home mustn't be too far away.

araxel

@Mathèo

CLIMBING UP THE WALLS