the Rift

[OPEN] A Key for the Needy [Come grab one!]

Nephele Posts: 82
Dragon's Throat Guardian atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Atreus :: Lammergeier :: None Nova

"Hail Maren, Sohalia." Her words rang out as she drifted toward them on outstretched wings, her vulture beside her as they came into land. She'd spent most of the morning patrolling around the island's edges, since Kisamoa's arrival had provoked a mixed bag of feelings inside the warrior mare. He was a God after all, a God that had an affinity for water and could realistically flop himself up on their shore one day if he fancied it. She wasn't too sure if he was the kind of God she should place her trust in — or the kind they would end up facing like they had when the God's had brought the new lands into Helovia. Until he showed up again, it gave her more peace of mind to patrol near the water before she moved off into the mainland or found herself flagged from the sky by a member of their herd.

She landed without much fuss, her wings snapped shut snugly against her shrinking sides, each time a wash of relief that finally the weight had begun to drop off. "I hope you're both well." She commented gently, her eyes drawn toward the keys which both the tiger mare and the dove had crafted. It'd certainly help her recruitment duties if she had one and she happened to bring home a new non-flighted member, but also, it would make it easier for her to bring her children to the mainland rather than try and get one of the other members each time to unlock the way for them.

"May I take one? It'd help with recruitment, and my youngest children are not blessed with wings." Already the bird on her back had dropped off into the red sand and had jumped toward one of the nearest keys, he nipped one between his beak and quickly hopped back toward his bonded and onto her withers. A snort of amusement escaped her, it appeared Astreus wasn't the kind to simply ask and wait, oh well.

She couldn't deny that Jude and Byron hit a note within her, one which caused her to let out a small sigh. She had been looking for her eldest daughters, but she had not found signs of them — perhaps Sohalia or Maren would of seen any hint of them. If they had not, at least it would begin to get the word out that two of their younger members had disappeared or at worse, been poached from their borders. "Speaking of which," she paused for a small breath, "I don't suppose you have seen two fillies by the name of Verro and Tasokh? They're my daughters...they've been missing for a season or so now and I cannot find them. It is as though they vanished on the wind. Tasokh has silver eyes, and Verro lilac, she also has white flames which burn on her wings and hooves. Tasokh is blessed with flames too, only they appear when she flies." Part of her hoped they had seen them, but a part of her knew better than to expect the hopeful answer she so wished to hear.

"Speech."

Art by lunameyza@ DA

“She was beautiful, but she was beautiful in the way a forest fire was beautiful: something to be admired from a distance, not up close.” 

― Terry Pratchett
Please tag Neph in all replies!
Force & violence permitted with the exception of maiming & death

Messages In This Thread
A Key for the Needy [Come grab one!] - by Maren - 11-16-2016, 05:01 PM
RE: A Key for the Needy [Come grab one!] - by Nephele - 11-19-2016, 06:07 PM