the Rift

[OPEN] Even horizons can fade [welcoming]

Huldra Posts: 7
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 h :: 6
Sigrún :: European Adder :: None Laine

Well, she'd not made a very good first impression, that much was obvious, and so Huldra kept her mouth shut for most of the journey. She tried her damnedest to make other’s think she didn’t care what they thought about her, to hide weakness and vulnerability, but the truth was she was no good on her own. She needed interaction like the flowers need the sun, terrified as she was of being passed over, abandoned, or forgotten. She was also rather helpless, never having been trained in anything useful. She could bat her eyelashes. She could sing and dance and speak but she couldn’t fight, or build or heal.For years she had depended on the good will of the brothers and still, every time she found herself in a black mood she feared they would leave her. Now it seemed she’d be dependent on this Dragon’s Throat too. Damn them all…

Her mood improved as the moved south and out of the snow. At the slight break in temperature, even the slumbering Sigrún woke enough to poke her hear curiously through Huldra's mane. "Who're they?" the snake asked when her sleepy red eyes spotted Sohalia and Nephele leading the way ahead. "New herdmates, they're leading us to they're home." Huldra replied and heard the little hissy laugh as Siggy moved up past her ear. "A herd?" Commented the snake, "That's new, I'm surprised the boys went for that. Maybe there you'll find someone better worth your time..." The mare made no reply to that and the small snake (feeling rather self-satisfied) moved to wind herself around the twin horns to indulge in a little basking in the frostfall sun.

Huldra smiled in spite of herself as the party reached, automatically turning to watch the brothers rush toward the water. She didn't love the sea quite like they did, being a creature of the earth, but she liked that they would be glad to see it. The affection in here eyes fell away and into confusion as Tarik looked back and her and Ralik did the same not long after. She thought she knew what caused those looks. Sohalia had somehow produced some magical crossing, but the brother's shouldn't have needed it. The seven headed serpent across her hip was a self-portrait of sorts, and though it wouldn't help her cross the waters she reached for her own magic. It did not come. She gave a subtle shake of head in the stallions' direction to confirm that she was also at a loss and followed hesitantly to the bridge.

Wanting to gloss over the trio's halting approach (and her own behavior from earlier) she turned to give Sohalia a smile as they started across. "I should apologize, for earlier. I'm afraid you caught me at a bad time, and traveling with these two has made my manner a bit rougher than it ought to be.” She pointedly did not glance at the brother knowing they'd most likely laugh at her for apologizing—she did it so very rarely, and after all she was technically less sorry and more hoping for smoother seas ahead. The flames that carried her across were interesting, even Sigrún liked the warm sensation, and so she latched onto those and asked as they neared the ground of the other side. “What manner of magic it it that carries us?” And why the ever-loving fuck does OUR magic not work?
Huldra
            She would embarrass you anywhere
                 She’d let everybody know she didn’t care

Messages In This Thread
Even horizons can fade [welcoming] - by Sohalia - 11-18-2016, 05:34 PM
RE: Even horizons can fade [welcoming] - by Tarik - 11-19-2016, 11:02 AM
RE: Even horizons can fade [welcoming] - by Ralik - 11-19-2016, 06:35 PM
RE: Even horizons can fade [welcoming] - by Huldra - 11-19-2016, 07:47 PM