the Rift

[PRIVATE] & she's buying a stairway to heaven

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

If she had been a woman, then she would be standing to Tarik's left, her hands clasped behind her back, tilting her head slightly to the side in an attempt to peer into his face. It seemed odd that he did not look up as she called to him, and something in her twisted unpleasantly at the thought that perhaps he did not want to see her. Her smile faded slightly, replaced by a rather distant look as she turned to gaze off to sea. She remembered the way her presence had always inspired an immediate reaction in Gaucho, and she couldn't help but wonder why that mattered just now. In any case, she would soon know if she was unwelcome, and it wasn't as though Tarik's opinion mattered to her, regardless.

(She just didn't like to be disliked without being given a chance, she told herself judiciously.)

But when Tarik did respond, it was in a pleasant, lilting voice that had the effect of immediately putting the Transcended at ease. Or, rather, it put her at ease until she realized its effect, at which point she immediately tensed, her mind on high alert for any trickery that the perceived scoundrel might have up his sleeve. Was it fair to react so strongly to the stallion? No, perhaps not. But that is the way of guilt, is it not? She should have accompanied him to the Throat, gotten him set on a path towards whatever it was he wanted to do, and then gone about her business. She should have said hello in passing and then continued about her day. She should not have stopped to have a chat. What would Gaucho think of it?

But Gaucho was dead.

But his thoughts still mattered.

Ugh.

"I suppose you're right," she answered after a moment's pause, her bicolored eyes searching out Tarik's. "But I assumed that you would be able to find me, should the need arise. Besides, a few days to get your bearings is surely preferable to being thrust into a job at the first opportunity?" She remembered her first few days in Helovia, overwhelmed and underprepared. It was a wonder that anyone had thought to invite her anywhere, really, as useless as she'd been.

Something from his flask dripped into his beard, and though the more refined lady might have once been repulsed, she found herself only intrigued. Her gaze flicked to his mouth and back, and she tilted her head to the side as if to distract from her momentary lapse in attention. The word for his ornately decorated container would not come to her, if she'd ever known it in the first place. "If I may, what is it that you keep inside of that?"

"Talk talk talk."

@Tarik

Sohalia
I built this city just to bring it to its knees
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
& she's buying a stairway to heaven - by Tarik - 11-19-2016, 12:45 PM
RE: & she's buying a stairway to heaven - by Sohalia - 11-19-2016, 03:10 PM