the Rift

[PRIVATE] & she's buying a stairway to heaven

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

To be fair, Sohalia's discomfort wasn't really Tarik's fault. Thus far in their interaction, he had been a perfect gentleman, his interest from a few days prior seemingly mitigated by his time in the sun. No, her suspicion arose from her own feeble emotions. She had never learned how one was supposed to act around members of the opposite species unless they expressed an obvious interest (read: Gaucho) or were some kind of family (like, say, Cera). Kaj had been an exception to that rule in a moment when her will was particularly weak, and look how that turned out. Now her confusion was worse than ever, given her preference for monogamy: was her loyalty to her mate meant to outlive him? How long was too long to mourn?

Why did she feel like she might be recovering, when Ampere could hardly manage to remember to eat, day after day?

The wink following his first comment was met with downturned eyes, repeating the almost demure look that she had offered in the Threshold. A part of her wished that she could be as bold or as quick-tongued as Nephele, that she could rise to the bait and challenge the stallion at his own game. But that wasn't her - it never had been and it never would be. No, she was not a bold mare, however much inner strength and tenacity she might be able to boast of.

When Tarik began to talk about his silver container, Sohalia began to feel hopelessly lost. "Oh, I don't -" she began, pausing when he insisted it was harmless. "I'm not -" Or mostly harmless, a comment that left her even more suspicious than before. What in the world was in the container that could only be consumed in reasonable quantities? The only thing she'd ever had to consume with that in mind was clover, and that was only because it would make her fat!

His appraisal was over almost before she realized it had begun, her head still spinning with this new information. "A few swallows?" she repeated dumbly. What is rum? she asked Astraeus, trying not to let her confusion show and likely failing miserably. The wakiya offered the equivalent of a mental shrug - a soft of silent wave that was a mixture of I don't know and I don't care, followed by a warning that he would zap the newcomer if she came to any harm.

"I'm not quite sure if I..." she dithered, eyeing the flask warily. It was a pretty little thing, and despite herself she stepped closer to survey it. It was made of silver, and metal was something that she knew quite well. Tilting her head and squinting ever so slightly, she prodded the container with her magic, careful not to displace any of the ornate filigree. "Where did you get this? The detail is remarkable." she asked then, her ears pricked forward. She was truly interested now, and with the sudden influx of excitement her trepidation seemed to disappear.

"Talk talk talk."

@Tarik

Sohalia
I built this city just to bring it to its knees
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
& she's buying a stairway to heaven - by Tarik - 11-19-2016, 12:45 PM
RE: & she's buying a stairway to heaven - by Sohalia - 11-19-2016, 03:45 PM