the Rift

[PRIVATE] & she's buying a stairway to heaven

Tarik Posts: 32
Dragon's Throat Stallion
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 7 (immortal)
Odd

A patient, charming, knowing smile pressed his lips together and caused two small dimples to appear in his chiseled cheeks as she awkwardly began to decline his offer. Was it because his saliva was still on the rim? Did she have some policy against sharing drinks, or just sharing drinks with strange men? Was it the contents of the bottle? In short, was she saying no because of him? Or because of her?

His eyes tilted upwards as a new thought caused his lips to part in a full smile. You will drink. He thought to himself, knowingly.

The stallion's eyes remained upon Sohalia, even as she took a tentative step towards him, eyeing the flask. For a moment he allowed himself the opportunity to let his gaze fall upon her like rain, coating the hairs that mixed to form the pale bulk of her mane and forelock, then running down to her coat, her eyelashes, her eyes, and her nose. He studied her silently as she studied the flask, nodding in agreement as she praised its craftsmanship.

"Very beautiful." He agreed, now pulling his eyes off of her, to look directly at her. Though of what he was ascribing beauty, it was unclear. "It comes from a place which no longer exists." He said almost casually, his accent almost buffing each word as if there was a cushion between it and the next. The crafter who had made this flask for him and enchanted it, had almost certainly died in a rain of fire. Had Tarik been trying to save him and the city? Or had he been against it? Had he laid the lines of gasoline himself? Thoughtfully he prodded his memory, but this yielded no information. It was too long ago. The Tarik which had existed then, no longer did. The only piece of evidence that he had ever existed at all, was the flask in question.

"The rum inside never goes bad, and it can never be emptied.It is a rather handy thing to have." A vague scent of cinnamon wafted out. Tarik's particular rum mixture was actually quite sweet. Of course it bit and burned just like any strong alcohol would do, but it was the sort that one might enjoyable sip, as well as slam back.

tarik
There's a feeling I get, when I look to the west,
and my spirit is crying for leaving. In my thoughts I have seen
rings of smoke through the trees, and the voices of those who standing looking.

Messages In This Thread
& she's buying a stairway to heaven - by Tarik - 11-19-2016, 12:45 PM
RE: & she's buying a stairway to heaven - by Tarik - 11-19-2016, 04:15 PM