the Rift

[PRIVATE] & she's buying a stairway to heaven

Tarik Posts: 32
Dragon's Throat Stallion
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 7 (immortal)
Odd

Tarik, who had been more of a destroyer lately than any sort of crafter (had he any particular building skills in the past? Hmmm... none came to mind. But he supposed it was possible), merely shrugged off the suggestion that another could be created. He had his, and Ralik had one of his own. If more were created, bully for whoever they went to. It wasn't his concern. What did stretch the smile on his face was the way Sohalia suddenly beamed with enthusiasm. A clearly fake look of, little old me gave you an idea? came over Tarik's face, but quickly melted away into a genuine smile. He had no idea what it was that he had done, or what he idea was, but being able to make a woman smile that way was a rarity, Tarik had found. Moments such as these came easily at the beginning of a relationfriendship, but then became strained. Tarik had seen so many -ships, regardless of what sort they were, mottled and ruined simply by the passage of time. Chips on shoulders became boulders, and small irritations drove spikes through hearts. Wasn't that always the way?

So to see her laugh like this, was something Tarik contemplated trying to remember. There were multiple lifetimes of information fighting for top spot in his mind ... but a girl's laughter? Well. That was something worth keeping.

Tarik grinned and stepped back a pace, to allow her room as she up-ended the flask. Though he expected some sort of reaction from her, given that she seemingly didn't know what rum was when he had mentioned it, he hadn't thought she'd react that violently. Whatever small amount of chivalry was left in him shoved him forward the step that he had previously retreated, as if there was something he could do to lessen the burn that a first, long drink of alcohol produced. Then his eye caught sight of the zephyr, and he stopped. The bird looked ... sparky, and it was as he thought: there was nothing he could do for the pale dove anyways.

Just as he was about to retrieve the bottle from her, she raised it to her lips once more. With wide blue eyes, Tarik's lips opened to say something like, stop! but he decided against it. She could do what she liked after all, and perhaps with a few sips in her, she'd let her hair down a little.

Why does anyone drink this? This made the tattooed stallion roar with laughter. "Why indeed." He agreed, eyes shining with amusement.  "If I may?" He asked, reaching to take the flask back. As he tipped it back to his lips, he kept a sea-blue eye trained upon her as he placed his mouth around the place her lips had just been. The curious thing about Tarik, was it was almost impossible to tell how much of these flirtatious quips of his were intentional, and how many simply came along with being jovial, immortal drunkard.

"Tell me Sohalia, how it is you have lived your life so far and never tasted anything like this before?"

tarik
There's a feeling I get, when I look to the west,
and my spirit is crying for leaving. In my thoughts I have seen
rings of smoke through the trees, and the voices of those who standing looking.

Messages In This Thread
& she's buying a stairway to heaven - by Tarik - 11-19-2016, 12:45 PM
RE: & she's buying a stairway to heaven - by Tarik - 11-19-2016, 05:04 PM