the Rift

[PRIVATE] i hear words in clips and phrases

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
the GoldenShade

Mara had only run a few steps ahead of me after I freed her from the snow when something dove down from the sky and landed in front of us. I could feel her panic through our bond -- something I was still trying to get used to -- and she backpedaled, only stopping when her hind in collided with my foreleg. My ears fell back and I frowned because I'd never seen anything that looked like the thing that was standing in front of us, and yet I was baffled by the sense of familiarity I had ... like I'd seen it before.

Maybe it was those amber eyes. They seemed the most familiar and not at all threatening... it almost looked like it was grinning.

"JIJI?!"

Then I heard her voice calling my name and I felt a hundred different things all at once. Surprise. Happiness. Relief. Sadness. Annoyance. Surprise. Happiness. Relief. Annoyance... The emotions cycled over and over and over again because I didn't know what to settle on. 

"Ros--agh!" I couldn't even finish saying her name because she was suddenly ramming into my side and I was stumblings sideways, scrambling to try and keep my balance. At that moment Mara burst into action. Her small white body was engulfed in shadow and in a split second she'd changed from a fox to a bird and was in the air, flapping her wings at Roskuld's face and screeching.

"Mara, stop!" I shouted once I'd regained my balance and noticed what she was doing. "Mara!" When I shouted her name the second time she finally flew to me and landed on my back and I sighed. She, however, leaned to the side and glared at Roskuld as if to say I'm watching you, even though she definitely wasn't scary. I wouldn't tell her that, though.

"Ros..." My attention finally returned to my best friend and I didn't know what to say. We always went way too long between seeing one another and everything was always so different when we finally reunited. "I missed you."

"."

image | coding

@Roskuld

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
i hear words in clips and phrases - by Ranjiri - 11-20-2016, 04:24 PM
RE: i hear words in clips and phrases - by Ranjiri - 11-29-2016, 05:17 PM
RE: i hear words in clips and phrases - by Letha - 12-21-2016, 01:25 PM