the Rift

[PRIVATE] i hear words in clips and phrases

Letha Posts: 8
Absent Abyss
Filly :: Hybrid :: 17hh ::
Makai :: Black Panther :: None Time

Letha

Where will I find peace other than in oblivion?

Letha had every intention of staying with Dragomir as she was told, but when the stallion was distracted and her stomach rolled in hunger, she could not help but try to follow her mother. Trudging in the snow after her with an aching head was not the type of thing a foal would like to normally do, but hunger and the desire for comfort drove the little girl to follow her mother's hoofprints on her new, spindly legs.

By the time Letha finally crested a hill and caught a glimpse of her golden and black solace, she was exhausted. Her delicate body shook with a mix of pain, exitement, and cold. Even though everything in her screamed for her to lay down there and call out for Ranjiri, her heart told her to press on. Pinning her smarting ears down into her tufted mane, Letha trotted toward the Goldenshade. Lifting her chin the tiny, leggy girl trumpeted a bleat toward her mother. It was filled with the twist of foal-like anguish: come here Mother, I am cold and hungry and everything hurts.

The girl did not wait for permission, and when she finally closed the distance between her and her mother she nestled her head between her legs and began to feed. Her ocean eyes did not even register the stranger before her that her mother seemed to know. As she took her fill, with tiny wings twitching in pleasure, Letha finally took a step back. Her shoulders still shook with cold and aching, but her belly was full and she felt some sort of satisfaction. Letha rubbed her ears against Ranjiri's hind leg, trying to relay the pain she felt within her for her mother to understand, perhaps even feel.

Snorting, Letha took another step back and shook her head, her ocean eyes finally catching a glimpse of the stranger. She was instantly startled, and she jumped to the side, slowly peering out from around her golden lifegiver.

image credits

@Ranjiri @Roskuld

Messages In This Thread
i hear words in clips and phrases - by Ranjiri - 11-20-2016, 04:24 PM
RE: i hear words in clips and phrases - by Letha - 12-21-2016, 01:25 PM