the Rift

[OPEN] they are lost and gone forever, oh my darling clementine

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor
like a jar, you housed infinite tenderness
and infinite tenderness shattered you
For a woman who once prided herself on being the bedrock of a kingdom, she is now just the fucking neediest little thing you ever did see. She was a quiet pillar of strength - a soft shoulder to cry on, a pep talk and a wing to wipe away the tears, the perfect goddamn picture of Queenly duties, and just look what she is reduced to. Dramatic hysterics in the middle of a wintry night. Freezing herself to feel something, anything other than crushing loneliness and despair.

The angsty nineties/early aughts called - Evanescence wants their emo lyrics back.

Are you hurt? a stranger asks, even though Yael tried so very hard to ignore her approach (though with the wind, it wasn’t until the last couple of steps that her preoccupied mind registered that there was someone behind her). Oh Adonia, how she almost laughs! Is it not obvious? Well, perhaps it is not, but who the heck goes to stand at the edge of a cliff in this weather just for funsies? Yael’s emotions are all over the place (perhaps this stranger can relate to that) and as soon as the thought to laugh passes through, the mare’s kindness washes over her and she half-chokes on a sob. She asks the same thing Lyanna did. As if there were someone readily available who could cure her of her ills - what, do they have an empath? The irony in that question is not lost on her.

Once, she could have taken care of herself.
Now, she must rely on others and their kindness, and Yael knows all too well how cruel the world can be. The little foreign mare might as well be doomed.

“Eet feels as eef my xeart and soul xaf been reepped out of my chest ahnd carved eento confetti, t’en xurled to ze rocks below.  I cahnt breate. I cahn’t t’ink. Ahnd yet I do, but I -” how does she finish this? With an ’but I don’t vant to?’ Is that the truth? Is she here, tonight, because she ultimately wants to throw herself off this cliff and join her beloved dragon?

Would her body (those damned wings she so adores) even let her do that?

Yael remains out on the ledge, but seems to shrink a little, the enormity of her pain eroded away bit by bit in the words she finally says out loud.

lines | coloring | coding

@Rexanna
Ahhh me too!

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Messages In This Thread
RE: they are lost and gone forever, oh my darling clementine - by Yael - 11-30-2016, 08:11 PM