the Rift

[OPEN] they are lost and gone forever, oh my darling clementine

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor
like a jar, you housed infinite tenderness
and infinite tenderness shattered you
Rexanna. Marembo. Companion? Slight confusion writes itself across her face as Yael attempts to figure out what Rexanna means by companion. The name itself, and the way the two stay together is enough to remind her of her mute son’s fennec fox, Alec, who became the boy’s voice in lieu of any telepathic talent. It isn’t her place to assume, but there must be some communication going on either physically or mentally between the two. And Companion implies more than a cross-species friendship. Though how deep the relationship goes, Yael doesn’t want to begin to think about.

But wouldn’t it be nice? To have someone, always and forever?

By now, what’s happened is clear; the mortality is seeping back into her bones, but her heart remains the size of her once-immortal soul. Too big to ever stop loving, too tender to calcify, too honest to try and feign being someone she’s not. Thus does she feel with every cell in her body, grief running from the very mitochondria of her foundation to the keratin of her hooves. Joy radiates to the tips of her mane and whiskers of her nose. This full body experience is nothing new.

They come to the cave and the petite pegasus follows her savior inside. Keen eyes take note of two nests, and the smell of someone else - someone masculine - though the scent is fainter than Rexanna’s. Clearly she’s made an effort to create a home for herself (and perhaps a family), and immediately Yael feels some guilt at intruding. Rexanna, however, is a gracious host, and so the frozen mare keeps her mouth shut; she must do better at remembering that sometimes it’s ok to let others take care of her. “T’ank you,” she says simply, and steps towards the offered area, ruffling her wings a bit to try and get warmer air flowing amongst the feathers.

“Yes, only a couple of veeks, I t’ink? Time ees… ah, eet xas gotten avay from me recently. Eet ees all very…” She shakes her head, grimacing in exasperation. How could she possibly explain it all? There are pieces that will always be missing, reasons she doesn’t understand. With an exhale and then another deep breath, Yael offers as much as she can before changing the subject. “I xope vone day I cahn repay you. To a stranger xoo has lost everyt’ing… t’is ees ze vorld.” Her brown eyes look away and she swallows tightly, briskly moving on. “You xaf a mate, yes? Ees t’is your first child?”

Because babies are always a safe topic amongst mothers.

lines | coloring | coding

@Rexanna I am so so so sorry to take a long time! Was rough on the work front and then sick :\

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Messages In This Thread
RE: they are lost and gone forever, oh my darling clementine - by Yael - 12-18-2016, 09:06 PM